Options

Print colors change

lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
edited July 19, 2004 in Finishing School
I have been obsessing about my Prof. Printer guy who is going to be putting together the Calendar for our local charity who said "there is a green cast" on my black and white shots of local ladies, (he's looking at my print outs not the original shot on disc). Lo and behold I've realized that they print out black and white and over time change color!!! some have a sepia tone, some greenish! how strange is that! Why does that happen? I'm not worried about his printouts as they are using commercial press but does anyone know anything about this?

:scratch Lynn

Comments

• Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2004
    It sounds like for whatever reason your printer used color inks to make black and white prints. I can't remember which printer you use, but in the setup panel for my Epson there is a color or B&W choice for the type of print. Check to see if you have a similar choice in your printer's setup.
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2004
    cletus wrote:
    It sounds like for whatever reason your printer used color inks to make black and white prints. I can't remember which printer you use, but in the setup panel for my Epson there is a color or B&W choice for the type of print. Check to see if you have a similar choice in your printer's setup.
    I will .. I have a Canon S600 I'll check right now.. it's been driving me nuts!!!
    thanks Cletus.
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    I will .. I have a Canon S600 I'll check right now.. it's been driving me nuts!!!
    thanks Cletus.
    The only option I seem to have is greyscale which I printed out one of the shots on and it looks good. My worry now is... I have created a disc for each one of these models for the publisher and some of them are still in rgb even tho I've converted them to black and white via channel mixer and monochrome. Do you think I need to go back and create 12 new discs in greyscale? please say no...........:puke1
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    The only option I seem to have is greyscale which I printed out one of the shots on and it looks good. My worry now is... I have created a disc for each one of these models for the publisher and some of them are still in rgb even tho I've converted them to black and white via channel mixer and monochrome. Do you think I need to go back and create 12 new discs in greyscale? please say no...........:puke1
    Nope... You should be just fine. I'm 99% sure that the printer setting info (B&W vs. Color) doesn't get stored in a Photoshop file. Even if it did, your publisher would wind up ignoring the settings anyway.
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2004
    cletus wrote:
    Nope... You should be just fine. I'm 99% sure that the printer setting info (B&W vs. Color) doesn't get stored in a Photoshop file. Even if it did, your publisher would wind up ignoring the settings anyway.
    Oh bless you dear child... I can't take much more of this...eek7.gif