As Promised - Brittany's Beautiful Bikini

BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
edited August 16, 2011 in People
The last look from my first shoot with this beautiful, fantastically fun model.:ivar

Her full gallery is now complete so CLICK THE FIRST IMAGE.

p884065171-4.jpg

p545853686-4.jpg

p892291074-4.jpg

p90722382-4.jpg

5.p497614700-4.jpg

p925054348-4.jpg
Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen

Comments

• zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2011
    She is a cute girl, afraid the setting is not helping these.
    1 3 she looks natural and relaxed. The other poses look forced and uncomfortable.
    Midday light is not your friend.
    I am not a fan of tattoos but hers looks really pretty.
  • BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2011
    Thanks Zoomer. While we often disagree on poses (ie: I think # 2 is one of the more natural, relaxed poses in the set), I truly value and consider every comment you make. They are always dead on point.

Believe me, I know about working in mid-day light, but I explained that in the first set of Brittany (9:00 AM meet turned into 11:20 AM :cry). We does what we has too when we can does it.

The last three were incredibly difficult to light, as I'm sure you, of all people, know. They are actually knock-offs of a magazine ad that I have in my concepts folder on my iPad. Problem is, with Brittany, I'd never notice what's being sold.rolleyes1.gif

Thanks again. Please keep on keeping me honest.
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
  • CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2011
    ahemmm...
    John John John john, john, john, john....
    But I digress... wings.gifthumb.gifrolleyes1.gif

Seriously though... Do you have a helper with you or are you
    a one man show off in the woods alone with this poor girl?

The reason I ask is... Think reflectors... boy oh boy what a couple
    of reflectors on her hair and off the side and back would do to really add
    dimension and pizazz to these...
    Or even remote flash...

#1 is the keeper image of this group & would be killer with the above mentioned...

oh... and i hate you... thumb.gif
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
    www.iWasThereToo.com
  • BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2011
    HEYYY Cowboy. How R ya?

I don't have assistants, crew or other staff at a shoot. It's almost always just me, my camera bag and one or two off camera flashes (depending on what I feel like slogging around).

The first three are all natural light/open shade. The last 3 have an OCF through a shoot thru umbrella to camera right. Tha's pretty much my travelling party.

Oh yeah I almost forgot, Brittany was there too.mwink.gif
  • DarrylDSmithDarrylDSmith Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited August 4, 2011
    Photos look cool. I like the first one better. I agree a reflector is needed. You can always get one and prop it up somewhere, either with a purchased "tripod" for it or make your own tripod -- so to speak. But this is a nice job anyway. Brittany looks pretty awesome!
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2011
    Small tip from a fellow musician: Wenger or Manhasset metal music stand + some cheapo Walmart utility clamps (you know, the plastic clip thingies - bag of different sizes for about $5) makes a great angle-able DIY reflector holder or next to no money ....

OR you can pick up something like this. I love mine - I got some cheapo ankle weights and just wrap those around the bottom when I need to weight it down. I use the 5-in-1 reflector ALL the time.
  • Racerx7734Racerx7734 Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2011
    #5 is the best one. It is perfect for a magazine. The others I dont care to much for.
  • epmi314epmi314 Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited August 16, 2011
    I like 1 and 5. 5 would be the best but there is something on her left elbow. I normally don't like tatoos either but for some reason her's seem to fit just fine. She is a beautiful subject and you have done very well!