Options

2.0 difficult to read on iPhone

timplogtimplog Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited August 2, 2011 in Dgrin Forum Support
hey guys have you tried this new version on the iPhone?? text is too small and when 'double tapped' to magnify it scales up too far and won't fit the screen. otherwise like the new style!
canon 1Ds3...24-70L 2.8...50L 1.2...100L 2.8 IS...70-200L II 2.8 IS..100-400L IS...RSS TVC33/BH-55..wimberley sidekick...

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,908 moderator
    edited August 2, 2011
    Please give TapaTalk a try.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2011
    thanks Ian-I have paid for the "TAPATALK" iPhone APP- but it's quite inelegant as compared with the native DGRIN website-you know..
    didn't mind paying them the $2.99 but it's not better-than you guys-used to be...progress, maybe..great site DGRIN by the way-learning all the time and especial kudos to Ziggy53!
    canon 1Ds3...24-70L 2.8...50L 1.2...100L 2.8 IS...70-200L II 2.8 IS..100-400L IS...RSS TVC33/BH-55..wimberley sidekick...
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2011
    Many use TapaTalk with success on smartphones. I'm sorry it's not working for you.
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2011
    thanks-you're right of course it works, but your native site is the better one-my only point, and feedback.
    best wishes
  • Options
    mike_kmike_k Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2011
    ian408 wrote: »
    Many use TapaTalk with success on smartphones. I'm sorry it's not working for you.

He didn't say that it doesn't work - he said that it was inelegant. You guys changed the site so that it doesn't work as well on a smartphone - your solution was for him to access the site using a third party app instead of using the actual site like he had been doing. All he said was that it wasnt as elegant. No need to get snotty about it.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2011
    timplog wrote: »
    thanks-you're right of course it works, but your native site is the better one-my only point, and feedback.
    best wishes

VERY Hard to replicate a big browsing experience on a small smartphone - that's why Tapatalk is so cool thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2011
    mike_k wrote: »
    He didn't say that it doesn't work - he said that it was inelegant. You guys changed the site so that it doesn't work as well on a smartphone - your solution was for him to access the site using a third party app instead of using the actual site like he had been doing. All he said was that it wasnt as elegant. No need to get snotty about it.

I am truly sorry TapaTalk doesn't work as well as he'd expected--how's that being snotty?
  • Options
    ARKreationsARKreations Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2011
    I've got to agree - I use Safari to peruse a number of sites regularly and was sorely disappointed to see DGrin backslide in a mobile browser. I really don't want to have to use another app for one site...
    Ross - ARKreations Photography
    http://www.arkreations.com
    Nikon D700 | D300 | D80 | SB-800(x2) | SB-600(x2)
    Nikkor Lenses: 14-24 f/2.8 | 24-70 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.8 | 85 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | 70-300 VR
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2011
    I've got to agree - I use Safari to peruse a number of sites regularly and was sorely disappointed to see DGrin backslide in a mobile browser. I really don't want to have to use another app for one site...

Given the choice of an optimized mobile app or a browser at miniscule size, I'd always choose the former. I'm sorry you're unhappy!
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2011
    hey guys it's all good-Andy maybe my (our?) comment is that your site worked really well pre 2.0 on our smartphones-as it was-and maybe you didn't have to reinvent that experience, differently..anyways your site STILL has some of the better photography fora out there and i will enjoy tapatalk-hope you get some of that $2.99 by the way...thanks for all your efforts.
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2011
    timplog wrote: »
    hey guys it's all good-Andy maybe my (our?) comment is that your site worked really well pre 2.0 on our smartphones-as it was-and maybe you didn't have to reinvent that experience, differently..anyways your site STILL has some of the better photography fora out there and i will enjoy tapatalk-hope you get some of that $2.99 by the way...thanks for all your efforts.

To me, it still works the same in Safari browser on iPhone - sucky but do-able. Tapatalk makes it really easy on iPhone.