Options

Common prints or digital prints?

WildWestWildWest Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited October 13, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hi all, I'm new to this thing, just undergoing my 7 day trial. What is the difference between the "Common Prints" and "Digital Prints" listed in the pricing area?

Isn't this all "digital"? I'm somewhat confused by the terminology. Are there some descriptions for these terms somewhere? Hopefully someone cna help me clear this up? thanks!

-john

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2005
    WildWest wrote:
    Hi all, I'm new to this thing, just undergoing my 7 day trial. What is the difference between the "Common Prints" and "Digital Prints" listed in the pricing area?

Isn't this all "digital"? I'm somewhat confused by the terminology. Are there some descriptions for these terms somewhere? Hopefully someone cna help me clear this up? thanks!

-john

wave.gif hiya john

digital sizes explained here

it has to do with the format of typical point & shoot cameras (4:3 ratio, much like standard tv's) and more traditional 35mm ratio, 3:2 -- which is common on digital slrs)

hope this helps...
  • Options
    WildWestWildWest Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited October 13, 2005
    andy wrote:
    wave.gif hiya john

digital sizes explained here

it has to do with the format of typical point & shoot cameras (4:3 ratio, much like standard tv's) and more traditional 35mm ratio, 3:2 -- which is common on digital slrs)

hope this helps...

Yes, this most definitely answers my question. Thanks, Andy!