Slipping into the ocean - Seascape

AdamKAdamK Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
edited August 3, 2011 in Landscapes
A beautiful rocky beach in overcast skies after the sun had gone gave an interesting photograph.

6003711864_02269550e8_z.jpg

Comments

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2011
    Lovely image, Adam. I'm puzzled as to why the top of the sky seems blurred while the bottom of the sky seems sharp--not bothered, just puzzled.
  • AdamKAdamK Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited August 2, 2011
    Cornflake wrote: »
    Lovely image, Adam. I'm puzzled as to why the top of the sky seems blurred while the bottom of the sky seems sharp--not bothered, just puzzled.
    I think its more to do with the 25 second exposure as the top clouds were moving ever more quickly than the bottom wall cloud, so they end up not being as sharp? Thats all I can think why! ne_nau.gif Thanks Cornflake!
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2011
    That makes sense. And my question wasn't a reservation--very well done.
  • DHMN69DHMN69 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited August 2, 2011
    I like the different crop, usually you see more sky and less foreground in shots like that.
    edited August 3, 2011
    DHMN69 wrote: »
    I like the different crop, usually you see more sky and less foreground in shots like that.
    Thanks DHMN69. :D Very true, but the sky was beaten by the interesting rocks so I made them dominant in the frame.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2011
    Very nice shot....has an almost mystical aura about it.thumb.gif

Off subject, but I'm curious about something. To what extreme do they go to in controlling pets and other animals when they are staging the famous motorcycle race on the Isle of Man? I can't imagine anything more exciting than having some dog or cat jump out in front of you while barreling through town at 150 MPH.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited August 3, 2011
    Very nice shot....has an almost mystical aura about it.thumb.gif

Off subject, but I'm curious about something. To what extreme do they go to in controlling pets and other animals when they are staging the famous motorcycle race on the Ilse of Man? I can't imagine anything more exciting than having some dog or cat jump out in front of you while barreling through town at 150 MPH.

Tom
    Thanks Black Mamba!

Surprisingly not a lot to be honest, they do, do a broadcast on Manx Radio to move cars off the road and to keep pets in a safe area or indoors! Much like when they do a broadcast to keep pets indoors for bonfire night. I guess the riders and pets must have there wits about them because touch wood, no animal has been harmed or a rider hurt because of a pet. Hope that helped! :D