Deer

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited August 4, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Nothing gives me more pleasure then watching baby deers. I saw this Momma in the cemetery one evening and then 5 days later I saw her with twins. I've been going out most evenings since there are other 'Momma's-to-be" and last night there was a Buck. With the Buck around I'll need to be careful walking around. Although last night he didn't seem to concerned about me being there. I'll post his photo later.

1 -- Momma ...

i-CL9Kq58-L.jpg

2 -- Her Babies ...

i-mjxnPKj-L.jpg

3 --

i-x8fvfgm-L.jpg

4 -- One of the babies when it's a little older. Dang they grow fast :D

i-GdZx5x2-L.jpg

Then I came across this new one. Couldn't be more then a few days old. I call this one Precious .. it's just beautiful :D

5 --

i-P4SNbM9-M.jpg

Comments

• TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2011
    Ohhhh, the Precioussss!!! lol

#1 is a great capture too :-)
    Canon Fan
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2011
    Ohhhh, the Precioussss!!! lol

#1 is a great capture too :-)

Thank you :D

Isn't Precious just precious iloveyou.gif
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2011
    Very nice and very cute! awesome shots, Mary. Congrats. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gifclapclap.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2011
    that last one is a keeper.
    and deer is plural as well as singular. no need for the s. english is such a stupid language sometimes.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2011
    :whew Very nice works Mary clap.gif #1 is pretty fine. Nice sharp, comp and exposure control. These animals are beautiful and your pics do them justice.
    Michael
    edited August 3, 2011
    jiro wrote: »
    Very nice and very cute! awesome shots, Mary. Congrats. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gifclapclap.gif

Thank you :D
    edited August 3, 2011
    that last one is a keeper.
    and deer is plural as well as singular. no need for the s. english is such a stupid language sometimes.

After I had posted the thread I saw I had put an 's' at the end of deer rolleyes1.gifYour are so right .. the English language is stupid sometimes :D

Glad you liked the last one ... Thanks for commenting :D
    edited August 3, 2011
    DaddyO wrote: »
    :whew Very nice works Mary clap.gif #1 is pretty fine. Nice sharp, comp and exposure control. These animals are beautiful and your pics do them justice.

I too like #1. She was a beautiful Momma to be :D

Thank you for commenting .. I'm glad you enjoyed the photos .. they are beautiful animals.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited August 4, 2011
    First and last for me--lovely shots. Oh, and I fixed the title for you. If you're ever in Madrid, you can buy me a couple of beer. mwink.gif
  • WernerGWernerG Registered Users Posts: 534 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2011
    I like #4 and #5 best. #4 because the fawn is active, #5 is just too cute. Tough expsosures with strong light and deep shade, well done.
    edited August 4, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    First and last for me--lovely shots. Oh, and I fixed the title for you. If you're ever in Madrid, you can buy me a couple of beer. mwink.gif

Thank you Richard .. I will buy you a few if I'm ever in Madrid :D

Glad you enjoyed the photos :D
    edited August 4, 2011
    WernerG wrote: »
    I like #4 and #5 best. #4 because the fawn is active, #5 is just too cute. Tough expsosures with strong light and deep shade, well done.

Aren't babies just the cutest things iloveyou.gif

Taking photos there is so tough. The lighting isn't the greatest, but that's the time their active so I don't have a choice. Definitely a learning experience for me. If they would stand still for me that would help a whole lot too rolleyes1.gif

Thank you for commenting :D
  • jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2011
    Good Afternoon MK,
    Those shots came out nice and sharp, not to mention well exposed thumb.gif The first is my favorite. Did you use your 70-200 IS ? Talk to you later.
    Have a good afternoon :D
    Jim...
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2011
    Really cute photos! I love the one where the fawn is laying in the shadow of the tombstone.

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2011
    Hi Mary K. all of them are winners.......clap.gif
    edited August 4, 2011
    jgoetz4 wrote: »
    Good Afternoon MK,
    Those shots came out nice and sharp, not to mention well exposed thumb.gif The first is my favorite. Did you use your 70-200 IS ? Talk to you later.
    Have a good afternoon :D
    Jim...

Howdy Jim ...

Yes I did use the 70-200 with the 1.4. Never thought I'd be sneaking behind headstones in my lifetime rolleyes1.gif

Thank you for your nice comments Jim :D
    edited August 4, 2011
    ront wrote: »
    Really cute photos! I love the one where the fawn is laying in the shadow of the tombstone.

Ron

Thank you Ron for commenting :D

Precious is just a cutie. When I came upon that one I just stood there for awhile watching it. Almost didn't take a photo because I didn't want to disturb her/him.
    edited August 4, 2011
    Azzaro wrote: »
    Hi Mary K. all of them are winners.......clap.gif

Thank you :D:D