Options

#82 Midday Coolers

GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
edited August 5, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
This is what I'm working on for this challenge but am having trouble narrowing it down for the final entry. Any direction and critique would be appreciated. Thanks for looking, GP

1. Midday Cooler (3 cherries)
MiddayCooler2011-08-M.jpg

2. Midday Cooler (1 cherry)

3. Midday Cooler (strawberries)

Comments

• Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2011
    Oooohhhh! I really like these! I think the cherries work better. I am not certain if I like 1 or 2 best.
  • Options
    bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2011
    Cherries for me as well. I like #1!
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2011
    I like #2 because it is free from the distraction of the side of the glass. Very nice!
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2011
    Thanks for looking and commenting. I lean toward the cherries too. GP
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,275 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2011
    Another vote for cherries....I like #1 better because of the various colors of red with the blue.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,945 moderator
    edited August 3, 2011
    I like #1 because of the color of the cherries, the bubbles and composition (re 3 cherries and their stems). Great idea when it is so hot in many parts of the northern hemisphere! (#2 would be my second choice.)

Gretchen
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2011
    Loving #1, but maybe just cropping a little off the left to lose some of the distraction. But the cherries and bubbles stand out nicely against the black and blue in that one!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,945 moderator
    edited August 4, 2011
    I agree with Karin's suggestion re seeing what #1 looks like if you crop just a little from the left side.
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2011
    Thanks everyone for your input and this points me in a direction at least! I appreciate your cropping suggestions. I wasn't sure about keeping the glass in to provide context but sounds like it may be better without. I have a series of these pics to work with so your guidance has been helpful. GP
  • Options
    torrbraetorrbrae Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2011
    I agree with the Karin - #1 love the colours and bubbles, but would be enhanced by removing the glass distraction at the left. Great pictures and love how you have got the bubbles.