Options

San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge

bobmielkebobmielke Banned Posts: 89 Big grins
edited August 5, 2011 in Street and Documentary
I just returned from a 12 day vacation that included San Francisco, Las Vegas, Lake Powell, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Arches National Park, Monument Valley & the Grand Canyon. Now that's a mouthful and was a hoot. I saw more beautiful scenery in less than two weeks than in my previous 62 years. This photo of the San Francisco Bay Area Bridge is my new wallpaper.

San-Francisco-Bay-Bridge-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2011
    Awesome shot, Bob. Perfect timing.

I'm planning a trip out west next year, and I'm still juggling a bunch of potential itineraries. Could you give me a rundown of your itinerary? I'm trying to decide where I want to go, how long to stay at each place, where to stay, etc.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2011
    Here's a great place to start - http://www.greentortoise.com/adventures/canyon.west.grand.zion.html. They have a variety of trips all over the West. You can look at their itinerary as well as their route to get some ideas. I highly recommend their tours as it's impossible to beat the price.
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2011
    Beautiful shot. I especially like that you captured the fog rolling in, a daily occurence in the summer.
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2011
    I particularly like the position of the sun behind the bridge, creating that terrific flare, and sharp silhouette.

Thanks for the link, Bob. I may not book one of their tours, but I think their routes and schedules will give me some pretty good ideas when I decide on my own. One question: on "camp days", are you tent camping, or cabin camping, or a mix?
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2011
    WillCAD wrote: »
    I particularly like the position of the sun behind the bridge, creating that terrific flare, and sharp silhouette.

Thanks for the link, Bob. I may not book one of their tours, but I think their routes and schedules will give me some pretty good ideas when I decide on my own. One question: on "camp days", are you tent camping, or cabin camping, or a mix?

Some set up camps with tents, some sleep on the bus and a group sleeps on a tarp in sleeping bags.

Roughing-It-M.jpg

First-Campsite-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2011
    bobmielke wrote: »
    Some set up camps with tents, some sleep on the bus and a group sleeps on a tarp in sleeping bags.

Roughing-It-M.jpg

Is that a publicity still for the movie Wild Hogs? rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2011
    WillCAD wrote: »
    Is that a publicity still for the movie Wild Hogs? rolleyes1.gif

I think the dumpster in the background is a nice touch. ::)
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2011
    bobmielke wrote: »
    I think the dumpster in the background is a nice touch. ::)

Oh, no, Bob - look at the green symbol.

It's not a dumpster, it's a recycling bin. Much classier as a photo background.thumb.gif