Lingerie, PG rated...marginal NSFW

zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
edited August 8, 2011 in People
I did this shoot last winter but just received ok to show the pictures.
Dark day, cold, windy and rainy.

850proD3R3749-2fbppedited-1-XL.jpg

900D3R3702-2x-copyedited-1-XL.jpg

900proD3R3587-2bredoppedited-2-XL.jpg

850D3R3621-2-2edited-1-XL.jpg

Comments

• justin24justin24 Registered Users Posts: 402 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2011
    Love #3. The lighting is awesome in this.
  • oldovaloldoval Registered Users Posts: 456 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2011
    Something about your last shot it really cool. Maybe the blur, maybe the tones. It just works well.
  • littlebayzombielittlebayzombie Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited August 4, 2011
    Just lovely. The first is beautiful, but the last has something very special going for it.
    ♥ Jenifer
    I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building. - Charles M. Schulz
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2011
    Ditto on #3.
  • Z6IZ6I Registered Users Posts: 136 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2011
    I love 3&4. Being a cold dark day, did you gel a flash from behind on #3?
    As usual, great work.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2011
    I remember seeing the last one before. Not sure where. Loved it then and love it now. I really like #3 as well. Great like and I love the leading lines/framing of the face that the background and foreground create. Also like the way you processed it.

Good job friend.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2011
    All are quite nice. I seem to recall image 4. Very much thought it was special then and I still do. :D
    Was just noticing in image 1 that there appears to be slight offset trace lines to her dress top as well as left shoulder. Processing artifacts perhaps. That just me headscratch.gif Lovely picture and will remember how nice the barest OOF used low in the composition works for a shot like this.
    Michael
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2011
    Thanks to everyone who commented, appreciate you taking the time to have a look.
    All natural window light. Never have used a gel, wouldn't know how to :).
    I posted two shots from this shoot back in March, was just given the go ahead to post some that show her face(waiting for a wedding). The last one was posted then, back in March.
    1 was shot with the 85 1.4 at 1.4. She is leaning slightly forward, the only thing in focus is her eyes and part of her hair....the oof areas lead you straight to the eyes. Also it was very dark and there is just the slightest motion blur in her body.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2011
    I remember that last one, too - loved it then, love it now. Beautiful set, Zoomer, and I LOVE the way you used the environment in these. I usually find the "abandoned building" look doesn't quite come off, but you absolutely nailed it here, and it seems organically part of the shots themselves. Really beautiful stuff. I also LOOOVVEE the toned processing of that final shot - again, it nails it.

Thanks for sharing thumb.gif
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2011
    Love the last one, right down to the detail of her shoe's tie on the back being highlighted in the window. #2 bugs me due to the run in her stocking and what looks like one or two possible bruises ( one is just shadows on her knee) that keeps my attention on the middle of the image and away from her face.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2011
    VayCayMom wrote: »
    Love the last one, right down to the detail of her shoe's tie on the back being highlighted in the window. #2 bugs me due to the run in her stocking and what looks like one or two possible bruises ( one is just shadows on her knee) that keeps my attention on the middle of the image and away from her face.

rolleyes1.gif I mentioned that when it was posted before - we had quote a convo about it IIRC (Trudy, I'm giggling because I commented on it at the time, and then a bunch of women chimed in saying it had bugged them too, while all the guys were like, "Stocking? What stocking?" :lol4)
  • jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2011
    #4 for me. I like everything about it.
  • Alex_Alex_ Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited August 5, 2011
    Image 2, the pose and garment issues already mentioned above make this the weakest out of the set for me. The way she is holding her upper body is not helping create an elegant line between shoulders and neck.

Image 4, incredible. Just a wonderful composition and I always love shots that stray from the path of "let's look straight into the camera and make sure we can see your face nice and clear". Beauty is so much more than that and here she looks confident, amazing and effortlessly sexy. Her collarbone and the fact there is this mystery about what she looks like makes this a really nice image.
  • YaflyyadieYaflyyadie Registered Users Posts: 558 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2011
    I love # 4 the most.
    I also think that the wood wall panels joint lines and the floor loose pieces frame the model and makes this picture some sort of special.
    Bouquet makes it more interesting.
    JMHO.
    Y beer.gif
  • GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2011
    I do a lot of glamour photography and I have to say that lingerie pics bore me to tears these days. They are so over done and nearly every model client has them done.

These however are the best I have seen in a very long time and I could look at all day.
    To get images that are this sexy and have this kind of impact while still being completely tasteful and innoffensive is one hell of an accomplishment in my book. I can't think of a single woman I know or have photographed that would not be awestruck at having pics like this of themselves. To me thats game set and match right there.
    The use of the backgrounds, the lighting, expressions and true artistic creativity make these shots a standout and images I would be damn proud to call my own.

One of the reasons I don't post images myself on forums is perfectly demonstrated here. Overall brilliant images nitpicked by factors that I feel have no real bearing on the overall impact of the image and that the clients would never worry about themselves. It seems to me that no matter how good a shot, people will look for somthing wrong to comment on. As far as i'm concerned, show me a perfect image and I'll show you one that is boring as all get out and has no impact, emotion or feeling. Perfect images don't happen in the real world and images of this quality of this subject don't happen all that often either and deserve to be appreciated for all the great qualities they have, not nitpicked for the 1% or less of imperfections according to a text book or overly critical eye. I often see things others nitpick when I take the shots and purposefully don't correct them because I see them as another element of interest in the pic rather than a fault. If something happened in real life or is the way it is, i don't feel a need to " correct" it in order to comply with photographic or other photographers entirely predictable complaints.
    I shoot for myself and my clients, not critics.

I find images like this quite inspirational and something I sit and look at to burn the overall look into my mind in order to remember to think of how I can apply the same properties to my next shoot and strive to get some images of my own that approach the same level.
  • wolf911wolf911 Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2011
    going with #4 also, sepia look for the win!
  • ashleyaleeseashleyaleese Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2011
    4 rocks my socks! Amazing job! :)
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2011
    Thanks everyone, appreciate the comments.

Thanks Glort for that comment. Appreciate you taking so much time with it and your thoughts. It is so easy to nit pick other peoples pictures...I know I am guilty of it myself.