Options

Coupon Question...

ScraffScraff Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
edited August 4, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have sent an email to support about coupons and I am still a bit confused on the best way to handle...here is what I want to do: I have shot a wedding recently and the clients have paid me for my time and prints. I have all of the shots in multiple galleries on my pro site and I want to have them 'build' their package online. I have created the package and what I want is for them to build it and the actual print costs to come to me. I have been messing with the coupons but I would like to know if anyone else has this setup.

I put the package cost at $500.00 and then I issue a Print Credit for $510.00 and allow to cover shipping as well. Is this going to charge my card the actual SmugMug print cost (~$36.00)?

Please let me know...I want to get away from the clients have to send me the image numbers and me ordering the prints.

Thanks...Scott

Comments

• Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2011
    Scraff wrote: »
    I have sent an email to support about coupons and I am still a bit confused on the best way to handle...here is what I want to do: I have shot a wedding recently and the clients have paid me for my time and prints. I have all of the shots in multiple galleries on my pro site and I want to have them 'build' their package online. I have created the package and what I want is for them to build it and the actual print costs to come to me. I have been messing with the coupons but I would like to know if anyone else has this setup.

I put the package cost at $500.00 and then I issue a Print Credit for $510.00 and allow to cover shipping as well. Is this going to charge my card the actual SmugMug print cost (~$36.00)?

Please let me know...I want to get away from the clients have to send me the image numbers and me ordering the prints.

Thanks...Scott

Hi Scott

Since you chose a print credit coupon, in addition to the base price of the prints you need to think about the SmugMug 15% on your sale. With a print credit that commission will be calculated based on the total value of the sale ($500 if the couple does not spend more than your coupon value) minus the base price of the prints. If the order does not have profit associated with it (i.e. the couple only spends the value of the coupon) you will be charged the base price and the 15%, which we cannot calculate without knowing the size of prints ordered.

Does that help?

ann