Any recommended workshops near PA?

scootacscootac Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited August 8, 2011 in The Big Picture
Thought about taking a 2-3 day workshop this fall or next spring,,, but so many are in the west. Any suggestions for a good one in the Northeast or Mid-Atlantic areas? No thanks to ones in NYC, Boston or DC either. Personal experience preferred.
Thanks!
The world is a book, those that do not travel, read but one page.

Comments

• HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2011
    What type of photography are you looking for?
  • scootacscootac Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2011
    Mainly geared to nature, landscape, wildlife,,, maybe a little post-processing included.
    I've seen several workshops offered, (Vermont, West Virginia) and was looking for recommendations from people that had attended some workshops,,, and how worthwhile they felt they were.
    I can take days off work and go shoot nice scenery here in PA,,, but looking for ideas on composition and how to bring imagination/creativity into the shot BEFORE i take it.
    edited August 8, 2011
    Try a google for a Carl Gandolfo from Tampa Fl. He has done some workshops out west with another fellow and their work was outstanding.
  • scootacscootac Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2011
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Try a google for a Carl Gandolfo from Tampa Fl. He has done some workshops out west with another fellow and their work was outstanding.

OK,,,found him,,,but no mention of any workshops.ne_nau.gif
    Done by request with a minimum number?
    edited August 8, 2011
    Yes, these guys are very specific and very good.

There is a photographer near Johnstown I think named Bob Hancock. He might be able to help you or lead you in the right direction.
    http://hancockphotography.com/