Bothersome Horsefly

DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
edited August 6, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
This one made a few too many attempts at me while I was trying to enjoy my lunch. Never a welcome
visitor at my table. Or anywhere else for that matter. He did manage to lay still for the picture though. :D Wicked little creatures. I hates em

DeadHorseFlyWeb3512-L.jpg
Michael

Comments

• rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2011
    ROFL!!!! Great shot.

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2011
    rolleyes1.gifroflDamn things. I hates 'em too. I'd of probably lopped off his head to ensure that he's a goner.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2011
    :D:D:D glad you both got a good laugh out of this. Nice of you let me know the take was getting the job done. Thanks for that.
    Michael
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2011
    oh I loathe these things, too. Nice to see one this way. One of the spider ladies in my garage has one lassoed in her web: I applauded.
  • CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2011
    $80 Badminton Racket
    I have to tell you of a little hobby of mine... Swatting Carpenter Bee's... Big Huge black bee's, about the size of a Bumble Bee...
    Anyway I was out at a yard sale a few months ago and some kid was all proud of his $80 badminton racket that he never won a match with... so I bought it for $5... wings.gif
    No more badminton but it is so fast on the swat... wow fast
    I use it all the time and you should see those suckers launch throw the air... :beatwax

Love the shot... and thanks for the laugh...thumb.gif
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
    www.iWasThereToo.com
    edited August 6, 2011
    oh I loathe these things, too. Nice to see one this way. One of the spider ladies in my garage has one lassoed in her web: I applauded.
    wings.gif I would have applauded too. For certain. :D Good on the spider. I go to great measures to tell my family to leave the spiders outside alone. At least most of them. They know which ones need to go. Inside... Well they gotta go. Unless its a jumping spider. Those I'll take outside and release.
    Michael
    edited August 6, 2011
    Cowboydoug wrote: »
    I have to tell you of a little hobby of mine... Swatting Carpenter Bee's... Big Huge black bee's, about the size of a Bumble Bee...
    Anyway I was out at a yard sale a few months ago and some kid was all proud of his $80 badminton racket that he never won a match with... so I bought it for $5... wings.gif
    No more badminton but it is so fast on the swat... wow fast
    I use it all the time and you should see those suckers launch throw the air... :beatwax

Love the shot... and thanks for the laugh...thumb.gif
    Nice you enjoyed the shot and got a laugh :D Thanks for saying.
    Hmmm. headscratch.gif Wonder if I could get some good luck going on with using a badminton racket on the wasps, yellow jackets, hornets and so forth. Could be just the ticket. I've got this new electric racket thingy that hasn't seen much use yet as the nasty biting bees haven't been so bad this year. Least not yet.
    Michael
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2011
    Hate horseflies .... nasty things. Nice to see you had it holding real still for you rolleyes1.gif
    edited August 6, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Hate horseflies .... nasty things. Nice to see you had it holding real still for you rolleyes1.gif
    :D
    Your in good company with your feelings toward these little buggers.
    There was quite a few that day being this good as well. mwink.gif We had a regular pile going. But declined taking that photo.
    Next time maybe.
    Michael