Sigma 120-300mm 2.8 for Canon

RrexyRrexy Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited August 7, 2011 in House of Canon
Up for sale is my trustworthy companion for sports photography!
The Sigma 120-300mm 2.8 EX APO IF HSM.

I've found I've been shooting less sports lately & have been trending towards the portrait/event/wedding shoots. This lens hasn't been seeing too much action lately & I'm looking to move to the Canon 70-200 2.8L II. This way I'll still have a lens I can use for the sports (with converter if necessary) as well as something manageable for the portrait/wedding gigs.

The Sigma has performed flawlessly for me & has never let me down when it comes to getting the shots I've needed. Image quality is GREAT all the way down to 2.8 when the lighting requires it. I've generally shot it at 3.2 or 3.5 to give myself a bit of "wiggle" room with my depth of field, but have never hesitated opening it up to 2.8 as conditions require. Images are sharp & 13"x19" posters are a breeze! I've used it for numerous night football games @ ISO's up to 3,200 on my 7D and have gotten the poster worthy shots I've needed.

I purchased this lens just as the newer "DG" models were hitting the market. I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to test both, this lens as well as a "DG" version. I found that this non "DG" copy was superior to the "DG" copy that I tested, so I purchased this lens. I couldn't have been happier with the results I've gotten.

The lens is in excellent condition as can be seen in the pictures below. When not in use the lens has been stored in a plastic "wrap" inside my bag to protect it from the usual scuffing that can occur inside a camera bag. It has NONE of the finish "peel" that's been associated with some Sigma lenses. In fact, the only sign of wear that I can find is under the tripod ring and this is simply standard minor wear from turning the lens for vertical shots. Not even visible without removing the tripod ring, which I had never done until today, just to thoroughly check everything out.

The front & rear elements are free from any kind of defects. The rubber zoom & focus rings look great, as can be seen.

Lens comes with the soft lens cover, box & original packaging, Green Sigma Case and Carrying Strap - all in excellent condition. Even the box is flaw free!

I'm looking for $1,650.00 for the lens, which includes USPS Priority Mail Shipping and Insurance. Please add $25 if you're using PayPal. The price is holding firm for a couple days. I think it's a very fair price for a good copy that's in this condition. Especially considering the current prices for the 120-300mm.

I prefer to keep the sale in the US.
I've done many transactions on both FM & POTN and my feedback is perfect. Many of the items I've bought/sold have been high end bodies & lenses and I've done over $20,000 in transactions.

In the chance that someone out there has a Canon 70-200mm 2.8 IS II and has found they could use a little more reach and has considered this lens, shoot me a PM or email if you might consider a trade (with cash from my end of course!)
I'm not looking for any other trades . . . . .

Thank You for taking the time to look!

Now for some Pics . . . . .

Comments