need help with psp 8

noniladynonilady Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
edited October 13, 2005 in Finishing School
hi there, i am very new with paint shop pro, and hope anyone who knows psp could help me out. i am wanting to replace the background colour of the attached image to blue, so i used the colour replacer but the results was bad, as you notice there is a white gap between the background & image. So i tried another method by splitting the layer, use raster layer for me to fill it with blue all over. but when i merged the two layers, the original was totally wiped out and replaced with all blue :dunno maybe it was me who is naive in using the tools. Help me somebody please!! thanks in advance

nonilady
Nonilady
long way to go but getting there:D:ivar:lynnma

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited October 13, 2005
    nonilady wrote:
    hi there, i am very new with paint shop pro, and hope any one who knows psp could help me out. i am wanting to replace the background colour of the attached image to blue, so i used the color replacer but the results was bad, as you notice there is a white gap between the background & image. So i tried another method by splitting the layer, use raster layer for me to fill it with blue all over. but when i merged the ttwo layers, the original was totally wiped out and replaced with all blue ne_nau.gif maybe it was me who is naive on how to use the tools. Help me somebody please!! thanks in advance

nonilady
    I don't have 8, but perhaps you could add another layer below the picture, and fill it with the color of the background you want.

On the actual picture layer, use the background eraser tool (try different settings until it removes exactly what you want removed). The underlying layer color should show through. At least, I think that should work.

The color replacer tool is a throwback to PSP4, and it is not as advanced as using newer tools such as background eraser.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • noniladynonilady Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2005
    David_S85 wrote:
    I don't have 8, but perhaps you could add another layer below the picture, and fill it with the color of the background you want.

On the actual picture layer, use the background eraser tool (try different settings until it removes exactly what you want removed). The underlying layer color should show through. At least, I think that should work.

The color replacer tool is a throwback to PSP4, and it is not as advanced as using newer tools such as background eraser.
    thanks david, shall try it out and see how it goes , cheers
    Nonilady
    long way to go but getting there:D:ivar:lynnma