Options

Anyone familiar with PunchTab loyalty program?

daylightimagesdaylightimages Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
edited August 11, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I just stumbled upon PunchTab (http://www.punchtab.com) on a non-Smug photo site. In a nutshell, PunchTab is a loyalty program that you can install on your website and it rewards your visitors by letting them accumulate points for doing things like visiting your site daily, liking things on Facebook, making tweets about your site, etc. The points can be redeemed for gift cards from eBay and a couple of other vendors, or you can reward the visitor yourself with free prints, etc. It costs nothing to the site owner (unless he/she chooses to fulfill the rewards on their own).

Anyhow, I installed PunchTab on my site temporarily just to see what would happen. When a visitor clicks on the rewards flag an overlay appears (much like the overlay you get in SmugMug when buying a print). I had problems with the PunchTab overlay conflicting with the underlying material. Also, PunchTab is supposed to put a red ribbon next to Facebook and Twitter like buttons, but none showed up on my site. I have since taken PunchTab off my site.

Has anyone else tried this? And maybe a support hero could take a look to see how compatible this is with SmugMug. On the surface, this does seem like a good way to get repeat visitors and Facebook likes.
Steve Barry
The Railroad Photographer
www.railroadphotographer.com

Comments

• Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2011
    What a cool system! Thank you for posting it. Smugmug should really look into this. It seems like a solid way to get people coming back over and over--and it's free!
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!