Options

Photo locked from purchase?!?

WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
edited August 8, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I was looking on my site to order a canvas print as a sample for an upcoming client meeting and noticed that some of my photo's are locked in a gallery!

In my Landscape gallery; http://www.onthewallphoto.net/Nature/Landscape/16746377_zhzkzz#1132702551_THSnm photo's are available to purchase until you get to #35 of 51, then the photo's are locked and not purchasable. I would like to know what I have done to create this and some help to unlock them!!

I had at one time created a photo package... but that shouldn't lock the sale of a single photo, should it?

Would love to get some assistance, obviously I have done something to make some of my photo's Not Available for purchase and I would like them to be.

Thanks in advance.

Lee
Lee Wiren

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2011
    Wiren wrote: »
    I was looking on my site to order a canvas print as a sample for an upcoming client meeting and noticed that some of my photo's are locked in a gallery!

In my Landscape gallery; http://www.onthewallphoto.net/Nature/Landscape/16746377_zhzkzz#1132702551_THSnm photo's are available to purchase until you get to #35 of 51, then the photo's are locked and not purchasable. I would like to know what I have done to create this and some help to unlock them!!

I had at one time created a photo package... but that shouldn't lock the sale of a single photo, should it?

Would love to get some assistance, obviously I have done something to make some of my photo's Not Available for purchase and I would like them to be.

Thanks in advance.

Lee
    Are any of them collected from another gallery? The original gallery collected from sets the printing.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,275 moderator
    edited August 7, 2011
    And are you aware that originals in that gallery are available for free?

Your right-click warning is nothing more than a warning - it is easily circumvented. Set your largest size in your galleries to something smaller than original. See ORIGINALS = a gateway to free photos, & right click protection is NOT PROTECTION.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2011
    I am fairly certain that none of them are collected from any other gallery and I am aware that originals = free photo's, I'll double check, but I am fairly certain that all of my galleries are set to xxl as the largest viewable size... i'll get back here when I have time to double check those settings.

Thanks

Lee
    Lee Wiren
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,275 moderator
    edited August 7, 2011
    Wiren wrote: »
    ...I am fairly certain that all of my galleries are set to xxl as the largest viewable size... i'll get back here when I have time to double check those settings.
    In the gallery that you linked in your first post, starting with this photo - http://www.onthewallphoto.net/Nature/Landscape/16746377_zhzkzz#1132702551_THSnm through the end of the gallery, originals are available.

I just tried a sampling of photos from the beginning of the gallery, and every one that I tried was available for purchase.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2011
    In the gallery that you linked in your first post, starting with this photo - http://www.onthewallphoto.net/Nature/Landscape/16746377_zhzkzz#1132702551_THSnm through the end of the gallery, originals are available.

I just tried a sampling of photos from the beginning of the gallery, and every one that I tried was available for purchase.

--- Denise

Thanks Denise, I figured it out - I had copied the photo's from my slideshow gallery, which is why they were listed as originals also...

I have fixed the problem, I appreciate your assistance - always a pleasure to have such speedy and cheerful knowledge at the ready. clap.gif
    Lee Wiren