Sunset at Mt Rainier National Park...

danbrown1010danbrown1010 Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
edited August 9, 2011 in Landscapes
HDR images taken just outside the park. We had spent all day hiking and had a great time, but I really didn't shoot anything that outstanding. Then, as we were driving home several shots showed up. I immediately stopped the car and got out and rattled off a bunch of shots. Funny how that always works... ;).

Any critiques and comments are welcome...

MtRainierFinal218-L.jpg

MtRainierTwilight20-L.jpg

Comments

• CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2011
    Beautiful, both! No 1 just goes to show, the reflection IS the picture. How wide a lens did you use? And no 2: gorgeous shadows on the mountain! What about the magenta hue in the clouds below? What's
    That about?
    Again loved both!!

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Logic 7Logic 7 Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited August 7, 2011
    Very nice. The first one tilts to the right.
    Jeff
  • danbrown1010danbrown1010 Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited August 7, 2011
    Thanks - I agree about the reflection.

#1 - was shot with my 16-35 F4 at 16mm, F9 for 1/100s. Then I bracketed 2 exposures up and 2 down. Then worked some HDR magic with Photomatix4.0.2....But I missed my straightening step ;) great catch!

#2 - was shot with my 70-300 F4.5-5.6 at 116mm, F8 for 1/100s. Then I bracketed 2 exposures up and 2 down. Then worked some HDR magic with Photomatix4.0.2

That magenta was what was hitting the lower clouds at senset - it was kinda wierd. I colored it up a bit but that pink was there!

db
  • GlassmakerGlassmaker Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited August 7, 2011
    Both images have great potential.
    #1 is a nice soothing nature shot but then I noticed the power poles on the right side. I would crop them out. Then a little straightening as Logic 7 mentioned. Too bad the clouds don't have some highlights beneath them. A bit too grayed out for my taste.
    I like the foliage in foreground. A nice touch.

#2 is all about the mountain. The magenta hue is a bit much. I would tone it down and let the mountain take all the credit. The pink (alpenglow) that you mentioned can be seen ever so slightly, seeping up the snow pack which is a nice score. The silhouetted trees are a nice frame to a beautiful mountain.

Nice work.
  • danbrown1010danbrown1010 Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited August 9, 2011
    Yeah I think that is great feedback. I will crop the poles out and true up the colors on mountain and repost.