Hi all dgrinners

waveneymanwaveneyman Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
edited October 13, 2005 in People
I've just moved up from a good P&S to the 5D KMdslr and thought I'd drop by.
This is just a test but tell me what you think anyway, if I manage to post a picture that is :rofl
PICT0310.JPG
thanks for looking
mark

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2005
    wave.gif welcome to dgrin, mark. cool shot - let us know your thoughts about that KM dslr, will you ear.gif maybe after you've used it for a bit thumb.gif

see the link in my sig for dgrin usage tips.
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2005
    nice blur there...looks like that man is one of those men who hates cameras. never the less i still like the shotthumb.gif

welcome to dgrin:D
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2005
    Welcome Wavneyman wave.gif I like the shot.. nice background blur.. looking forward to seeing more. Nice to hve you aboard:D
  • waveneymanwaveneyman Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited October 13, 2005
    andy wrote:
    wave.gif welcome to dgrin, mark. cool shot - let us know your thoughts about that KM dslr, will you ear.gif maybe after you've used it for a bit thumb.gif

see the link in my sig for dgrin usage tips.

Hi andy, I don't know how many KM users there are here but I made the switch when they brought an affordable digital body to use with my various Minolta glass. So far it's been a pleasant surprise with none of the gremlins that accompanied the intro of the 7D and the weight saving is good for general lug-about use. I'm enjoying it tho' the reduced viewfinder size for the APS-C chip is not so good compared with my film slrs - I'm sure I'm not the first to note this :):
    I suppose my impressions will be reflected by picture output, we shall see.
    thanx for the info
    cheers
    mark
    edited October 13, 2005
    rahmonster wrote:
    nice blur there...looks like that man is one of those men who hates cameras. never the less i still like the shotthumb.gif

welcome to dgrin:D
    Thanx for the welcome and comments rahmonster, actually he wasn't too shy and I took this shot next but it's not so pleasing as the focus is on the end of his nose :D (forgot to use spot focus)

cheers
    mark
    PICT0311.JPG
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited October 13, 2005
    Welcome MArk. Two very nice shots there. Keep 'em coming.
    edited October 13, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Welcome Wavneyman wave.gif I like the shot.. nice background blur.. looking forward to seeing more. Nice to hve you aboard:D
    thanx for the welcome lynma, the blur was all in-camera - Tokina 28-70 f2.6-2.8 ATX Pro. I'm glad to get it back in use after a couple of years gathering dust. It works well with the 5D..snappy af, sharp and AS to boot.
    cheers
    mark