D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2011
    We all get them every now and then... Looks like you rocked it though!

Very pretty photo!
  • Options
    ScootersbabygirlScootersbabygirl Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2011
    ShepsMom - I feel your pain! I had a horrid wedding this past weekend as well - only the mother of the bride was amazing, it was the SISTER of the bride and the bride herself who drove me nuts!! I'm trying to calm myself still and remind myself that I have a wonderful bride coming up this Saturday. Seriously, this upcoming bride put on her FB that she bought slippers because "my photographer gave me the guts to!" (she wanted to wear slippers for the reception but was scared of what people would say - she's a funny/sassy/smart woman and I told her to do what she wanted to - it's her day!)
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2011
    Thank you guys, sometimes you just need to vent your frustration with people who understand Laughing.gif.
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2011
    Considering that this is a public forum, I would recommend against speaking so negatively about a client and then posting an image of them. It sounds odd to say but the internet is a VERY small world, believe me. You never know who knows who and how quickly word could get back around to someone.

Don't get me wrong, I do plenty of venting. I just do it inside private groups with close friends. Facebook's new group system is VERY good for this type of communication...

Part of being a PROFESSIONAL wedding photographer is, doing THIS kind of stuff for a living and, in my opinion at least, staying professional about it even after the job is over. Part of being worth more money than the next guy is, in my opinion, offering your clients your respect and discretion.

Sorry if that sounded like a grilling. I was just trying to say, "consider posting such things in a more private community..." This was a pretty tame rant too, as far as client rants go. I've out-ranted your "rant" here at least twice in the last three days. :-P

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2011
    You're right Matt, i deleted the post, just left the picture.
    :)
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    NyarthlopicNyarthlopic Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2011
    Don't get me wrong, I do plenty of venting. I just do it inside private groups with close friends. Facebook's new group system is VERY good for this type of communication...

You may want to be careful what you say in a Facebook group. Those get very public, very fast. FB used to be pretty good about privacy, but as various media outlets have been happy to show, FB is going more and more public. So same type of deal, just know if a group is private or not, and see what someone who isn't a member can see before venting. Wouldn't want you to get an upset client.
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2011
    You may want to be careful what you say in a Facebook group. Those get very public, very fast. FB used to be pretty good about privacy, but as various media outlets have been happy to show, FB is going more and more public. So same type of deal, just know if a group is private or not, and see what someone who isn't a member can see before venting. Wouldn't want you to get an upset client.
    Yes, that is a good point, even if a group on FB is currently private, just a couple accidental (or purposeful) clicks and the entire world can see the group. Also, I've even seen problems in completely private FB groups, if they're just even "medium-large"... One time, someone vented about a fellow photographer and that photographer just so happened to be a member of the group because with FB groups often times any member can add any other person to the group whenever they please.

Personally, I prefer the company of just 2-4 others when I need to talk about something serious.

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2011
    ^^
    exactly why I keep some things to myself..:\
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook