First Maternity & Newborn Shoots

Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
edited August 9, 2011 in People
About six weeks or so ago I had the opportunity to do my very first maternity pictures, glad we did not wait another week or it would have been to late, as 2 weeks ago I got to do my first ever newborn shoot with her 2 weeks old son. Below are some pics from both shoots - C&C is ALWAYS welcome and appreciated.

IMG8173-L.jpg

IMG8278-L.jpg

Jadepreggy-0024-L.jpg

Jadepreggy-0030-1-L.jpg

Jadepreggy-0035-L.jpg

6. For the record this one was their idea. It was so much fin, but so wrong at the same time - lol
IMG8395-L.jpg

Jadepreggy-0037-L.jpg

Jace-00011-L.jpg

Jace-00012-L.jpg

Jace-0009-L.jpg

Jace-0017-L.jpg

IMG0272-L.jpg

13. Before & After
Jace-ba-L.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to check them out!

Jeff Milo
Milo Studios
Jeff Milo
MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com

Comments

• Sean EalySean Ealy Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2011
    #5 and #10 are my favorites! I like the composition in the images. Background on #2 is a little distracting though. Be careful shooting in midday sunlight as it can create harsh lighting across the subjects face (and background for that matter). Just my two cents.

He's such a handsome little guy! I bet momma and daddy are proud and are very happy to have pictures to remember the experience. Thanks for sharing some of them with us!
  • ScootersbabygirlScootersbabygirl Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2011
    Love the idea behind #5 and I love #13 as well. I do have issues with the train running over the baby thing b/c I have 2 kids and, well, that just scares the crap outta me!! I'd like to see more of the daddy and the belly (with mom's face in the pic too) but looks like you did a solid job. As long as the client's happy, that's all that matters!!
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2011
    Interesting set, jeff! I agree abou the harsh sunlight, but I guess we don't always have the option. I'd definitely stay in the shade next time though. I like the kick boxing (?????) belt idea, haha! And I like the crop where you have all the shoes in the photo. As far as the baby photos go; might wanna watch the skin tones (so they're the same in all the photos). I think I like the b&w version of the baby best + the last two are nice too.

As for the others, I'd say sunglasss are a no-go (just take them in the shade) and the 'run over baby' is a lill harsh .... But I guess it was their idea ... ;)
  • Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2011
    Thanks for the great feedback everyone!!. I defiantly see what your saying with the sun, but unfortunately there was no shade and they really wanted to do an urban type shoot with the trains.

#6 was actually generated because of a comment on #5. We were taking a bunch of shots on #5 and I said "these look really cool glad we are doing them along the tracks instead of across them that would be wrong" they well, took that comment and ran with it. It was all in good fun.

The Belts are Karate Black Belts. She is a 1st degree black belt. #12 was a picture taken specially for his Grand-pa who is my Sensei, an 8th degree Black belt.
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
  • Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2011
    Is this what you meant Scooter?

Jadepreggy-0031-L.jpg
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2011
    As a black belt myself, I love the martial arts belt photos :)