Options

2013 Pricing?

Kevin KramerKevin Kramer Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
edited August 9, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
I received an email today for a wedding in 2013. Has anyone looked into starting a pricing point for 2013? I don't know how to respond to the potential client. I was probably going to give them pricing for 2012 which the package itself will be the same, but adjust the price accordingly.

But I wanted to see if anyone thought that far in advance yet?

Thanks
-kev
Nikon D300s and Nikon D7000
Nikon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 28-75 2.8 | Tamron 70-200 2.8 | Tokina 11-16 2.8
2 SB-900 and 2 SB-600's
website | blog | facebook

Comments

• Options
    GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2011
    Happens all the time with weddings. I think I got short notice if the date is less than 12 months away.
    I don't have a price list and quote all my weddings individually. This is one perfect example of why that pays off.

If you have a printed price list, just add 10%. I have never known the price of materials and prints to jump a lot anyway and if you get a healthy deposit ( which you should) the interest on the money will offset any increases anyway. The other way you could do it is look at the currrent rate of inflation and multiply that out but the way the US seems to be traveling atm, 10% might not be enough.

The main thing is get the deal because you will make a whole lot more out of it doing it all then at todays prices than not getting the job at all.