Headshots

PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
edited August 9, 2011 in People
A friend of mine is an up and coming comedian in New York City and wants me to shoot headshots for him. Just curious if I should include color photos as well as black and white and what is the standard size? Any other tips or suggestions?
David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
My Website
Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2011
    Short answer: Yes (colour is actually more common these days) and 8x10.

We've had quite a lot of discussions in here about headshots, which may give you some ideas:
    (in case the link doesn't work, it's the hits from a search in the people forum of "actor headshots")

Also, one of the BEST set of articles I've seen is these (the photos are a little out of date now as the article is a few years old, but the info is still very valid... although you'll want to tweak the styles anyway for a comedian)

For a comedian, I think you can probably break a lot of the rules, since what you want to convey is the energy and creativity that goes with humour; I think you can probably be a lot zanier! Have some fun. Also, search around the web for promo shots of famous comedians and see what sort of moods/styles/looks they're using - that's a good indicator of things to try and directions to explore thumb.gif

HTH!
  • PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2011
    thanks diva
    My Website
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2011
    You posted while I was editing in some details to my original post - check those links.... thumb.gif
  • PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2011
    divamum wrote: »
    You posted while I was editing in some details to my original post - check those links.... thumb.gif

Thanks again!
    My Website