Advice/Picture Request - Help :)

LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
edited October 14, 2005 in People
Hey everyone. Man it's a crazy week here!!!

anyway...

I have a client that wants to do a shoot with me. I have done a lot of research on the web and been looking at different things as far as poses and such.

This is what she wants... She wants something on the beach, she wants bikini shots as well as lingerie and also some a tad more risque....

I would like any feedback and or advice you can all shoot my direction.

I will be shooting with my 717.... this is a TFCD, so i'm not worried if I fail :)

I would also like any examples you can send my way of poses and or similar shots. If you need to PM them to me, then that is fine, i understand, I want to keep things within the DGrin guidlines. If you need to email, send them to LiquidOps@Gmail.com

Here are here meassurements, if this will help.

Size 5/6
36/26/34
weight 140
height 5' 7

Thanks again,

Steven
Wandering Through Life Photography
MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex

Comments

• LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2005
    ::cough cough bump cough cough::

puh puh puhlease???

:-D
    Wandering Through Life Photography
    MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex
  • babybluetx23babybluetx23 Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2005
    Ok as far as lingerie and More risquea poses, I hate to tell ya, but look in *Ahem* adult magazines. I would look more at playboy then I would any other Adult mag. They have more tasteful poses, unless the client wants more of the sexual looking poses.

hope that helps.
    Cynthia Cox
    Arlington, Tx
    http://www.innovativeillusionsphoto.com/

OMP member #: 173034

Canon EOS 5D : Bogen 3051 tripod : Bogen Monopod : Bogen 3030 head unit : Canon Speedlight 580EX : Canon EF 28-200 F3.5 : Canon 70-200 f2.8L : Canon 24-70mm F2.8L and other Canon Gear

The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE." - Ernst Haas
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2005
    I was just asked to shoot something similar and they ended up looking like she was standing outside in her underwear. It was very cliche; she brought pink, frilly (see through) underwear. She told me she wanted "erotic," and her agent told me, afterwards, she wanted Maxim. Two very different things! I hated that whole set. My advice would be to NOT do it unless you can find a good location to do lingerie at. Studio/blankets/couch is a great option (one that I didn't have)

Bikini is easy and much more fun. My advide: if you have a reflector, use it!

9new-vi.jpg
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2005
    I hope this isn't against the rules here, but I would recommend checking out the swimsuit category at photosig.com. There is a lot of low quality stuff there, but many pics are surprisingly good and may give you some ideas about posing and lighting.

That site is a little more risque than dgrin. They do allow nudity, although most of it is pretty well done.