Options

DSS #83 First Takes

PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
edited August 13, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Initial ideas on Toothpicks challenge...

#1 Odd Man Out
i-6FDcX8g-L.jpg

#2 The Rebel
i-2DjBb5Q-L.jpg
Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2011
    Nice idea. I think the first would stand out more if the yellow ones weren't there.

And you might play with a pattern in the ones in the BG.
  • Options
    GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2011
    I like the idea of #2 but agree with WhatSheSaw on working with pattern arrangement. I think it would have more impact if the blue toothpick was somehow physically integrated more and not just floating which for me makes it look too contrived. Thanks for posting so soon too as I am needing some inspiration for this one! GP
  • Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2011
    Thanks for the feed back. Will definitely play with patterns, etc. Removing the yellow TPs from the colored photo is a great idea! This was just a quick shoot... getting a basic concept out of my head and on "film". Laughing.gif Will play more tonight.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2011
    Hi Lisa,
    For me, although these are nice shots, with soft light, they're 'expected' shots, if that makes sense. Alot of times, when a challenge is announced, I like to think about what I think I'll see submitted. For this challenge I envisioned these shots, plus shots of hors d' oeuvres, etc. All good stuff, but because it's expected, my feeling is the elements must be unique. These are good, but not unique.