My girls at Cades Cove (TN)

JnicholsJnichols Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
edited October 14, 2005 in People
We went to Gatlinburg over the weekend and I got to take some pictures in awesome conditions! Not too sunny. Hope you like them.

My daughter Hannah who LOVES to have her picture taken!

39861124-M.jpg

Noelle can't seem to keep from sticking her tongue out! I told her to smile - oh well!
39861133-M.jpg

I really wish she wasn't looking down quite so much.
39861127-M.jpg

I did not use flash. Maybe I should have used flash to prevent the shadowing under her eyes! :dunno

Comments

• kini62kini62 Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2005
    Those are great colors, great skin tones. No need for a flash IMHO. It would ruin the natural light. I think it looks good as is.

Jnichols wrote:
    We went to Gatlinburg over the weekend and I got to take some pictures in awesome conditions! Not too sunny. Hope you like them.

My daughter Hannah who LOVES to have her picture taken!

39861124-M.jpg

Noelle can't seem to keep from sticking her tongue out! I told her to smile - oh well!
    39861133-M.jpg

I really wish she wasn't looking down quite so much.
    39861127-M.jpg

I did not use flash. Maybe I should have used flash to prevent the shadowing under her eyes! ne_nau.gif
  • JnicholsJnichols Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2005
    Thank you kini - I still don't have a good feel for when to use fill flash outdoors.
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited October 14, 2005
    Beautiful girls Jen and you captured them so well thumb.gifthumb.gif

The background in the 2nd shot is really nice. Those Autumn colors really brighten up the shot clap.gif

As far as "to fill, or not to fill" as mentioned the skintones and lack of shadows in these shots would tell you that a fill wasn't necessary. Although it probably would have brightened up the eyes in the 1st and 3rd shot. Then again, it would have also given a catchlight in the eyes and maybe that wasn't wanted ne_nau.gif

Personally, like you if it's cloudy I may forego the fill. If it's sunny or bright, I'd likely opt for the fill. If for no other reason than to equalize the harsh lighting a bit.

Nice shots and thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero