DSS #83 TP Puns C&C

PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
edited August 22, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
A couple more ideas... inspired by Sherstone's pick puns. LOL

#1 Sticks and Stones...
i-k5dw9mr-M.jpg

#2 Stick in the Mud
i-jnRVwTv-M.jpg
Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2011
    :o)
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2011
    I like Sticks & Stones. Great idea!

Sherry
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,275 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2011
    I like sticks and stones, too. I'd like to see more, though, of the stick in the mud if you got 'em.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,946 moderator
    edited August 13, 2011
    Clever idea! I prefer #1.
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2011
    Since I haven't come up with a better idea yet, I'll keep playing with these 2 and see what happens. Sometimes if you just keep playing you will eventually find your "ah ha that's it!" idea. :)
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
  • Options
    torrbraetorrbrae Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2011
    Great ideas - prefer #1, probably because the mud in #2 doesn't look "muddy" to me. As a suggestion, could you photograph with the toothpick in a chocolate mud cake? Not sure how look, but be interesting take on the "Stick in the Mud" theme.
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2011
    kdotaylor wrote: »
    I like sticks and stones, too. I'd like to see more, though, of the stick in the mud if you got 'em.
    15524779-Ti.gif
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2011
    I think I put to much water with the dirt... so need to work on the mud looking more like mud i think. Will work on both a bit more. :)
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2011
    Great ideas, very creative. Of the two images shown here I think #1 is the stronger idea.
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2011
    +1 more for the Sticks & Stones - nice comp & focus!
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    CHANDLERJACHANDLERJA Registered Users Posts: 400 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2011
    I really like #1 as well! Great title! thumb.gif
    Jeromy
    http://snaptx.smugmug.com/
    Light is everything in life and photography.
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2011
    Thanks everyone... I kinda got busy last week and ended up doing a reshoot on the sticks and stones thing in the middle of the night last night. I just went with one and posted to the gallery. :D