Pentax K-5

EddyEddy Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
edited August 17, 2011 in Cameras
Thinking of getting a backup Camera ..Anyone have the pentax K-5 and how do you like it...
E.J.W

Great understanding is broad and unhurried, Little understanding is cramped and busy" ..... Chuang Tsu

Comments

• ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2011
    It might be best to stay within your system. At one point it was Canon, I think it's Leica now? Well Leica doesn't sell too many backup cameras :). The Pentax K-5 is a very good camera, but to get the most out of it you'll have to invest in the Pentax system lenses... I'm not rich enough to have a main system and a backup system. If you are then go for it :D
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2011
    I have it, I love it.

Do you already have an investment in the Pentax system?
  • EddyEddy Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2011
    Actually no but a friend exchanged cameras for the day went out shooting and this thing is a tank solid build..like the D300s, i know the iusses and shortcomings are the lenses...
    E.J.W

Great understanding is broad and unhurried, Little understanding is cramped and busy" ..... Chuang Tsu
    edited August 16, 2011
    It might be best to stay within your system. At one point it was Canon, I think it's Leica now? Well Leica doesn't sell too many backup cameras :). The Pentax K-5 is a very good camera, but to get the most out of it you'll have to invest in the Pentax system lenses... I'm not rich enough to have a main system and a backup system. If you are then go for it :D

Went Nikon, and still have my Leica wont give that up
    E.J.W

edited August 16, 2011
    Yeah that's right, a D300s. Maybe you'd like a D7000, or a D400 if it comes out?
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2011
    The K5 is a wonderful camera, but I'm not sure I'd want to be dealing with three systems. ne_nau.gif
    edited August 17, 2011
    Yeah that's right, a D300s. Maybe you'd like a D7000, or a D400 if it comes out?
    Not a fan boy anymore of N and C..take it for what its worth
    E.J.W

edited August 17, 2011
    MarkR wrote: »
    The K5 is a wonderful camera, but I'm not sure I'd want to be dealing with three systems. ne_nau.gif
    Somthing new to try why not Mark... its not all about Nikon and Canon
    E.J.W

edited August 17, 2011
    Does "not a fanboy" mean you don't want to buy any more Canikon stuff? Then are you selling your Nikon stuff? If so then yes you might want to invest in a Pentax system. What is it that you don't like about Canikon?