Options

Upta Camp

jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
edited October 14, 2011 in Street and Documentary
IMG5433-X2.jpg
-Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.

Comments

• Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2011
    Looks like a little tough guy :D
  • Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2011
    Nice shot

I think I would crop out the window in the top right & and bike on the left.

Take Care,
    Chuck,
    www.icurdigital.com
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    Molotov EverythingMolotov Everything Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2011
    Chuck, I disagree about the bike and I'm unsure about the window. When I look at the scene, my first thought of it was a kid posturing like he's about to jump that bike off the little makeshift ramp he's standing on. So the bike is critical if that's what the intent was. I agree the little bit of window frame isn't contributing to the shot but if he crops it out it cuts off part of the ramp too so I don't know.
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,882 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2011
    Nice shot

I think I would crop out the window in the top right & and bike on the left.

Take Care,
    Chuck,
    www.icurdigital.com

I tend to agree, in my view the bike doesn't add much and the window is distracting. I love the shot though...clap.gifclapclap.gif
  • Options
    richardmanrichardman Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2011
    Lose the window but keep the bike, IMHO. The bike adds a mysterious element and gives the context of the place, unless you crop much tighter and make it a portrait. The window is just distracting because of the missing part.
    "Some People Drive, We Are Driven"
    // richard <http://www.richardmanphoto.com&gt;
    richardmanphoto on Facebook and Instagram
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2011
    Thanks. The bike is a big part of it. I could delete the window but I don't think I'd crop any more from the right, because the kid is on a third.

I'm trying to shoot wider candids of my kids now (in this case my cousin's kid) in order to tell more of a story of what their life was like when they were young. I have thousands of tight portraits of my kids. They're nice, but they don't tell much of a story.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.