Options

nothing, nothing nothing...Something!

rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
edited August 19, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
I was pretty sure this was going to not be one I could come up with a thing for....then...this morning, two ideas....

They both need editing, but what are your thoughts?
Thanks
1-- Is it ready yet? 2011Aug18-118-M.jpg
Version 2 Edited....I will have to bake more to make any other major changes to composition... my husband would be SO SAD...
2011Aug-18-126-M.jpg

2--Tossed around like Toothpicks 2011Aug18-86-M.jpg

Just for fun...This is what that location looked like in early spring...(which is why today, I was like, wow, it's like toothpicks tossed against the damn...)20110318-92-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2011
    For #1, Overall, it looks like you are trying to pick up the muffin like an hors doerve rather than testing for doneness. If you go with it, I would shoot with a bit more DOF to get the toothpick and muffin top in focus.

I like the idea of #2. It's a nice play on words. I don't think there's enough tossed wood in the photo to make the point, tho.

I think that either idea could be worked a bit more to create a better fit for the theme.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2011
    15524779-Ti.gif for both shots. Having the focus right on the top of the muffin & end of the toothpick would be better, & might be fun to see what it looks like if the muffin is not quite done & you show a bit of muffin coming out on the toothpick. I really like the concept of #2 but also agree that there should be more logs showing to get the point across.
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2011
    I shot a few more of the cupcakes....but they are iced now!!! lol... Will look at what I got! Thanks
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2011
    LOVE #1, but agree that the toothpick needs to be a bit more in focus. Nice idea~
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2011
    I like the #1 image but it doesn't really convey the theme to me. I agree with others that a re-shoot of the image, possibly with more toothpicks (one in each mini muffin?), or selective focus to draw more attention to the single toothpick may help.
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2011
    dlscott56 wrote: »
    I like the #1 image but it doesn't really convey the theme to me. I agree with others that a re-shoot of the image, possibly with more toothpicks (one in each mini muffin?), or selective focus to draw more attention to the single toothpick may help.

Thanks Dave, but if I put a toothpick in each cupcake it would look really weird??? You stick one in to test the doneness of the baked item---if one is done, I think the rest would be too!!!ne_nau.gifLaughing.gif...

Anyway, I did shoot a few other images before icing them....I will play around with them tomorrow and see what I see...

Thanks all!
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,946 moderator
    edited August 19, 2011
    Really like the idea behind #1 but agree that it would be great to see the top of the muffin and the toothpick in sharper focus.