Options

Contemplating adding Video

castnerrmcastnerrm Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited August 18, 2011 in Weddings
I have been asked by several clients if I do video as well. I have always said no just pics but im being asked by more and more people to consider doing their video. I have a sweet 16 later this year that wants me to do video as well as pics and one of the local high schools that I do football/lacrosse season pics for asked if I will do video for them which could lead into hi-light films for college recruiting. A very small wedding I did just last weekend wanted me to at least setup a video camera(unattended) to just capture the ceremony - that was several hundred bucks I just left on the table.....

So, that would be added equipment expense(video and storage), added expense/headache of finding an experienced and committed resource to shoot the video, room for more distractions during a shoot to deal with video issues, additional editing time of mine and I am sure some other challenges that I have not thought of.

Has anyone crossed this bridge already or even decided not to add video services?

Thanks
Bob