Sgwd y Pannwr, Ystradfellte, Wales

AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
edited September 4, 2011 in Landscapes
I managed to get a way for a few days & started by heading to south Wales into waterfall country.
There aren't any falls near where I live so this was planned to try and improve on my first shots earlier this year.
The weather co-operated (mostly) and so I thought I'd share some of the shots I managed to capture.
I'll break them down in to separate posts.

This is Sgwd y Pannwr near Ystradfellte

C&C always greatly appreciated.

1. 5 sec
DSCF4006-10x8-L.jpg

2. 4 sec
DSCF4021-10x8-L.jpg

3. 1/2 sec
DSCF4028-L.jpg

4. 4 sec
DSCF4089-8x10-L.jpg

5. 1/2 sec
DSCF4111-L.jpg

Thanks for looking
Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams

Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited August 20, 2011
    Great looking waterfalls and excellent exposures. Those mossy rocks are cool! thumb.gif
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2011
    kdog wrote: »
    Great looking waterfalls and excellent exposures. Those mossy rocks are cool! thumb.gif
    Thanks Joel.
    It took two trips to get these as the falls face east and the sun hit them dead on. Thank goodness for cloudy days.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • SyphoniusSyphonius Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited August 29, 2011
    Lovely shots. I think I like #2 with the full 4 seconds best. The softness of the falls is great.

On #1 I'm almost feeling distracted by the business and bright spot at the very top. I'm wondering if a slightly tighter crop up there would help.

Oh, and how about a Welsh pronunciation guide? :D
    Just a hobbyist with never enough time to shoot.
    SmugMug
  • Mathieu05Mathieu05 Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2011
    awesome shots! great use of the long exposure...
    Chris Odchigue | Photography

“There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are.”
    edited September 4, 2011
    Syphonius wrote: »
    Lovely shots. I think I like #2 with the full 4 seconds best. The softness of the falls is great.

On #1 I'm almost feeling distracted by the business and bright spot at the very top. I'm wondering if a slightly tighter crop up there would help.

Oh, and how about a Welsh pronunciation guide? :D
    Thanks for taking the time to comment Symphonius.
    I know what you mean about #1, I tried cropping it but wasn't overly happy with the result.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

edited September 4, 2011
    Mathieu05 wrote: »
    awesome shots! great use of the long exposure...
    Thanks Chris.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page