Options

Nana and Nader - Egyptian Wedding

Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
edited August 21, 2011 in Weddings
I'm currently over in Egypt at the moment as my sister-in-law was married on Friday so we are having a bit of a holiday here as well and to catch up with the in-laws and all my wifes friends etc.

I've not photographed a family wedding before, usually like to just be a guest and chill, but they wanted me to do it. With the temperature of about 33 degrees in church it wasn't comfortable for me, but at least I was sure we were not going to see rain. I didn't get much time with the B&G as here couples always go for a studio session first so I had 20 mins after the service by which time the sun had set so we went for a bit of a view over the mediterannean sea. I don't think this was my best work as there is a language barrier so my wife had to translate for bits they didn't understand (my Arabic isn't the best and nor is their English).

As ever, happy to hear what you think and take on any suggestions and ideas for improvement.

NNW01.jpg

NNW02.jpg

NNW03.jpg

NNW04.jpg

NNW05.jpg

NNW06.jpg

NNW07.jpg

NNW08.jpg

NNW09.jpg

NNW10.jpg

NNW11.jpg

NNW12.jpg

NNW13.jpg

NNW14.jpg

NNW15.jpg

NNW16.jpg

NNW17.jpg

NNW18.jpg

NNW19.jpg

NNW20.jpg

NNW21.jpg

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2011
    My only nit is that the dress was not fluffed in any of the shots......and it is odd but it seems to make shots better that do not show the bottom of the dress too.....it is just the magic of the fluff....they are good....but that one item could have made them GREAT!!
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    Sean EalySean Ealy Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited August 21, 2011
    I really like this set of shots. Can you share what lighting you used in the outdoor portraits?
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2011
    Really nice...good work...thanks for sharing. Lighting is nice...poses, etc.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2011
    Art Scott wrote: »
    My only nit is that the dress was not fluffed in any of the shots......and it is odd but it seems to make shots better that do not show the bottom of the dress too.....it is just the magic of the fluff....they are good....but that one item could have made them GREAT!!

Thanks, I was rushing (no excuse) and should have fluffed again but I left her there too long...... I must remember to fluff more!!!

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

• Options
    edited August 21, 2011
    Sean Ealy wrote: »
    I really like this set of shots. Can you share what lighting you used in the outdoor portraits?

Hi Sean, nothing at all exciting and less than I would like but had to fly with the minimum of kit so I had a 580EXII naked held by our driver Laughing.gif. I did bring my Cactus v5 triggers so that part was simple.

• Options
    edited August 21, 2011
    Ed911 wrote: »
    Really nice...good work...thanks for sharing. Lighting is nice...poses, etc.

Cheers Ed :)