Old Fence

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited August 23, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Shot in the southeastern desert of Arizona.

EMPTY-GRAVE-XL.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2011
    That's an interesting shot, Gary. I assume that there was, at one time, a grave marker within the fence. If that were so, the fence would not have done much to keep someone away from it. Perhaps it was meant to contain an animal....fairly ornate for that purpose though. As I said, It's an interesting picture. Well captured.thumb.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2011
    That's an interesting shot, Gary. I assume that there was, at one time, a grave marker within the fence. If that were so, the fence would not have done much to keep someone away from it. Perhaps it was meant to contain an animal....fairly ornate for that purpose though. As I said, It's an interesting picture. Well captured.thumb.gif

Tom

Thanks for looking in ..TOM It is a grave with the marker missing.......
  • R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2011
    Hi Gary, I can see another grave fence on the left of your photo - must have been quite a thriving community in its hey-day! I like the feeling of desolation that you have captured here.

Cheers, Richard.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2011
    I've seen fences like this around family plots in old cemeteries. Never seen one with the head stone missing tho.

You did a great job on this one. It definitely gives one a feeling of 'alone' when viewing it.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,890 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2011
    Nice shot. I would have liked to see the tip of the mountain in the back for added depth.
    edited August 23, 2011
    R.Jay wrote: »
    Hi Gary, I can see another grave fence on the left of your photo - must have been quite a thriving community in its hey-day! I like the feeling of desolation that you have captured here.

Cheers, Richard.

Hi Richard .....Thanks for dropping in and for commenting....... The pic. was shot at Wilcox Arizona. Wilcox was at one time, the largest trail head for shipping cattle back east........ :D All the graves I saw were from the late 1800s .....
    edited August 23, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    I've seen fences like this around family plots in old cemeteries. Never seen one with the head stone missing tho.

You did a great job on this one. It definitely gives one a feeling of 'alone' when viewing it.

Thanks Mary K. glad you liked it........ That is the only one I have seen missing ....somebody probably made off with it.....
    edited August 23, 2011
    Juano wrote: »
    Nice shot. I would have liked to see the tip of the mountain in the back for added depth.

Thanks for the comment......YUP...cut the top a little to close:D gary
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2011
    Nice capture Gary thumb.gif Neatly processed
    Michael
    edited August 23, 2011
    daddyo wrote: »
    nice capture gary thumb.gif neatly processed

thanks michael.......:d