Options

Takes 20 to get 2 Sometimes

BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
edited August 28, 2011 in People
Hi all,

My latest shoot with Cindy actually involved a "pin -uppy" concept just for fun.

Cindy is so gorgeous it's tough for her to totally wipe out her sexy look but, as we found out, any kind of sexy look with her panties around her knees gives this shot an entirely different message from what we were after. ;-)

Anyway, we finally figured out is was her eyes that were giving mixed signals. Once we did that, she nailed the "Oh My God" look we were after. The others we just filed away under "Heart Attack".;D

Here are the two we kept. Any preference??

p442591361-4.jpg

p683548343-4.jpg
Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen

Comments

• Options
    edited August 23, 2011
    WOW. A shutout.

I'm not upset but I am surprised.
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
  • Options
    TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2011
    I feel like the shots are good, the panties are just overdone/not necessary.... Pretty girl. Cute Outfit. I feel like the second especially looks like the entry shot to a 'paysite'... This girl deserves more.

Sorry, I hope I am not being too judgmental, I have NO problem with nudity, especially if it feels 'purposeful', but this doesn't...

But number 1 works for your goal.
    Canon Fan
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2011
    John, I think I know what you were going for here, but the first thing that popped into my head was that it is a picture of a girl that got caught in the middle of going wee wee outdoors. I'm pretty sure that wasn't what you were going for but it might be the cause of the lack of comments.
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2011
    This is an attempt at the old cheesecake shots. I totally get where you were going but I don't think you quite made it there.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2011
    Thanks guys. I never know quite how an image will hit someone.

Bryce, I definitely see your point in #2, not so much in the first one.

Cuban, what's missing.? That's not an argument, it's a serious question.
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2011
    I like the model and pose in the first one. I like the idea.
    Do not like the background at all and the flash with shadow on the wall and the mottled light she is standing in.

Light..............Background......model placement in the frame.........pose..... in that order.

Seems to me your shots keep running into the same issues.
    My guess is the emphasis is being put on the pose and how the model looks and the rest is pretty much left to chance.

To get to the next level....find a good spot for a photograph in good light....then create a photo by placing the model into the frame you have preselected.
    Choose backgrounds that will not compete with your subject for attention.....choose light that will showcase your subject and downplay the background.
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2011
    Zoomer, believe it or not, there was no flash in these frames. You're not the first one to comment on that but I checked the EXIF to be sure and it wasn't there.

As for the rest, can't argue with your preferences.

Thanks.
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2011
    what? no flash? this does not compute. I would like #1 if her panties were up. #2 literally looks like you photoshopped out the deuce she just dropped in that corner.

please tell me you were not in the middle of a senior portrait session.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2011
    what? no flash? this does not compute. I would like #1 if her panties were up. #2 literally looks like you photoshopped out the deuce she just dropped in that corner.

please tell me you were not in the middle of a senior portrait session.

Now THAT'S funny right there.rolleyes1.gif

Rest easy JM. I don't shoot models under 22 years old.
  • Options
    RebelSolRebelSol Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2011
    From a non-prof perspective, perhaps if her panties weren't down so far and her legs were closer together, knees together, turned to the side, knees bent with the panties just peeking out from the bottom of the skirt with her fingers pointing down and pushing the panties down. I wish I could describe what I'm thinking better. I agree with the others she sort of looks like she got caught relieving herself in the corner. Her expression is just sort of surprised more than devilishly naughty.
  • Options
    edited August 27, 2011
    The idea was surprised and a bit embarrassed. What took 20 attempts was to not have any sexy or "naughty".

We all agree that #1 Is the better of the two but that one is exactly the expression we were shooting for.
  • Options
    RebelSolRebelSol Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited August 28, 2011
    I get where you were going there :).