New clothes with an attitude

djamesdjames Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
edited August 23, 2011 in People
P8219193-1-XL.jpg

Five years old and excited about starting kindergarten. She loves to pose if you can get her to stand still long enough. I think she is always in perpetual motion. What happens to that energy when we get older. Fun playing/learning to use my virtual background machine. Each change of clothes used a different background.

P8219198-2-L.jpg

P8219194-2-L.jpg

P8219192-2-L.jpg
http://www.djames-photography.com
In this great big world around us, we will find what we are looking for! What we do with it is up to us to decide.
Olympus E-500 Olympus E-520 Zuiko 14-45 Zuiko 40-150 Sigma 50-500 Zuiko 18-180 4-AB800 strobes, 1AB-400 stobe, 4 softboxes, brolly box, umbrellas etc.

Comments

• VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2011
    I only see little empty boxes.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • LiveLikeLizPhotosLiveLikeLizPhotos Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited August 23, 2011
    Lovely photos, nice work!
  • Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2011
    Not sure how the machine works, but the backgrounds in these shots have less contrast and saturation than the subject, which makes it obvious that they are not real. Perhaps some of your key light was spilling onto the screen (if there is a screen)? If you could resolve that issue I think you'd get more convincing results. You could also try pulling your subject farther from the background and using a wider aperture to throw the backgrounds more out of focus.
  • puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2011
    Not sure how the machine works, but the backgrounds in these shots have less contrast and saturation than the subject, which makes it obvious that they are not real. ...

+ there's also evidence of less than ideal montaging.

1 Above her right forearm
    2 Neck / upper dress on her right
    3 Massive chunk along the top of her L forearm
    4 Her right shoulder

Also got to be (very) aware of horizon position / scale (size) of subject too.

pp
  • djamesdjames Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2011
    + there's also evidence of less than ideal montaging.

1 Above her right forearm
    2 Neck / upper dress on her right
    3 Massive chunk along the top of her L forearm
    4 Her right shoulder

Also got to be (very) aware of horizon position / scale (size) of subject too.

pp
    Thank you for your comments and observations. The montaging is actually shadows and I am working on why that occured and make corrections. The contrasts of the backgrounds were caused by stopping the background down to correct the tendancy to overexpose and I guess I did it to much.
    http://www.djames-photography.com
    In this great big world around us, we will find what we are looking for! What we do with it is up to us to decide.
    Olympus E-500 Olympus E-520 Zuiko 14-45 Zuiko 40-150 Sigma 50-500 Zuiko 18-180 4-AB800 strobes, 1AB-400 stobe, 4 softboxes, brolly box, umbrellas etc.