Look what I had waiting for me on my front porch!

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited August 24, 2011 in People
Got this today... Paul C. Buff 30"x60" foldable softbox. I have two more to come but 15x60".

i-WrzhsPB-L.jpg

i-SWXXt2X-L.jpg

Made my wife stand next to it for a couple snaps. Can't wait to use this for some real work. I'm pretty stoked right now.

i-qK3LHRC-XL.jpg

i-LQbxRG2-XL.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2011
    WOW, I am excited for you. I love how patient your wife is with you, lol. Can't wait to see some new stuff !
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2011
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2011
    I'm really looking forward to experimenting with these. I got a cool shoot coming up next month. I will be shooting a group of fitness trainers for website. They want headshots for their bio's on the site but they want them to be edgy. I have an idea of what I want to do. I'm going to do a proof of concept with the wife first.

My Smug Site
  • lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2011
    May I ask what the light source is?
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2011
    I'm really looking forward to experimenting with these. I got a cool shoot coming up next month. I will be shooting a group of fitness trainers for website. They want headshots for their bio's on the site but they want them to be edgy. I have an idea of what I want to do. I'm going to do a proof of concept with the wife first.

Can't wait to see what you'll do for this! I'm getting the chance to take some shots at my CrossFit studio (trainers, equipment, clients working out, etc...). I have a "look" in mind, but as I don't usually do this sort of thing, it may be a challenge for me.
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2011
    In the shot above, its an Alien Bee AB400. I will probably use m AB800 though it that large of a box since most often, it will be used as the Key light.

Elaine... the project I will be doing is actually the trainer my wife goes to. Her name is Jeanette. She used to compete in the Fitness Comp circuit but now she only does swimsuit. She is moving from her small 1000 sq st studio into a new 5000 sq ft space. She wants to redo her website and also do more marketing so she wants new headshots of her and her 3 other trainers. She also wants to do a few other projects but we are starting with head shots first.

We also talked about her referring business to me. This may workout real well for me. She has a lot of women come to her that she helps transform physically. She used to work with another photog that moved to another state. The idea is I will offer a discount for these women to do some type of portrait session after their transformation. Pinup, boudoir, regular photos.

My Smug Site
  • FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2011
    what are you lighting the boxes with?
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
    edited August 24, 2011
    Alien Bees... AB400 and AB800.

My Smug Site
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2011
    Can't wait to see more phooootooooos!!! :o)