Options

Vietnam 2011 - Journal/Photos

DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
edited August 24, 2011 in Journeys
The tripped was planned many months ago and was cancelled many times due to $$$, however since it was my wife's brothers wedding I felt that it was important that she attend. We had missed the oldest brothers wedding so seeing. Plus there was a family get-together in memory of a passing relative so there would be lots of family around that hasn't been seen for many years. My wife has been in the States since 2001. We've made 4 trips there; however this has been my 6th trip. The other 2 trips were meeting her after a year of letters and bringing her to the States.

Anyhow, we booked our flights through United and were all set. We arrived at the small Fort Wayne International airport on an early Saturday morning only to find out (after our ride returned home) that our flight to Chicago O'hare was cancelled because of a bad storm. It had been dry for so long and the day it decides to rain is the day we were leaving. So, with the 1 and only 1 clerk helping customers he found us a flight with Delta the next day even earlier. Now the journey begins....

We flew from Fort Wayne to Atlanta to Seoul to Saigon. The flight from Atlanta to Seoul was a so long. With United we had picked out our seats in Coach. Being stuck on a flight through Delta we were stuck wherever they put us. It wasn't too bad, but I wanted the last 2 seats on the plane like I had with United.

Sitting in Atlanta for a few hours with no free wifi.
i-5z2zsV5-M.jpg

Our plane... I was able to check our status through United, Delta and Korean Air.
i-qd9STdk-M.jpg

"So, where did I put that luggage cart?"
i-3PB5Q8H-M.jpg

Sorry about the quality. This photo was taken an iPod camera. I believe it's 1mp ??
i-DfCN7sm-M.jpg

We arrived in Saigon on July 24th or 25th at 10pm. At the airport waiting for us were 2 cousins. We took a taxi to my wife's Uncle's house in District 4 and spent the night only to get up the next day and take another plane to Hue. And like all the different airlines we used to get to Vietnam, we went to Hue, Vietnam using Vietnam Airlines but used a Cambodian Air plane.

Welcome to Hue, Vietnam (to be continued.....)
i-RdPD5Mp-M.jpg