A walk around town

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited August 27, 2011 in Landscapes
Picked up my daughter from camp at noon and hung out with the 3 year old til 4pm. We explored an island that is accessible only at low tide and then found some great sunflowers on the way to a beach where we hunted for sea glass. Great day and got some keepers. Here are the landscape ones

1. This scene reminded me of the XP background and I processed it to match
i-XNLGtGN-L.jpg

2. Little Harbor - a view I haven't gotten before
i-dsC3Fhx-L.jpg

3. Stand up Paddle Boarding is a new activity that is really taking off
i-9WHSGjD-L.jpg

4. The Rock
i-Q8d84d4-L.jpg

5. Sunflower - I've been hunting for these around town and was thrilled to find these today
i-4RDzhZb-L.jpg

6. The bee - not sure how well this one works...
i-B3TtHBd-L.jpg

Comments

• eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2011
    Well, the Schmoo-rricane[TM]mwink.gif came through the Forum and this post got buried on page 3 after only an hour or two :cry
    Would appreciate your thoughts on the images.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2011
    Catching up after two weeks away from Dgrin. thumb.gif

Your tides continue to fascinate me. Any fear of being marooned on said island? lol3.gif
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2011
    schmoo wrote: »
    Your tides continue to fascinate me. Any fear of being marooned on said island? lol3.gif

A little bit actually... The tides don't go in/out that fast but the island has a dry path for only about 2 hours around the low tide mark. After that, you can wade back but will be in at least knee deep or higher water depending on how long you wait.
  • SyphoniusSyphonius Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2011
    Nice shots. I especially like the rock and sunflower. At first I thought the boats were miniature. :)

I can understand your comment on the bee. My thoughts: perhaps cropped a little tight (but tough call given the subject) and the bee seems to be a little off-focus.
    Just a hobbyist with never enough time to shoot.
    SmugMug