Options

clickhappyclickhappy Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited September 12, 2011 in Weddings
I am a newbie to the photography biz and would love some feedback. I am shooting with a Canon xti and a Tamron 17-50 lense. It's not much, but it's a start. check out my website and any feedback or suggestions would be much appreciated.

www.daniellesmithonline.com

Comments

• Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2011
    is the site hosted with smugmug?
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2011
    I'm assuming, with those prices, that you're doing your own canvas and digital album printing?
  • Options
    pinkymalingpinkymaling Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited August 26, 2011
    I would perhaps avoid putting you prices online and this will help weed out the price shoppers. Also they contact you to find out how much you charge and you try to set up a meeting in person rather than over the phone or email. Personality is winning and you should learn to become a salesman. Knowing how to run your business is key. I would also start taking more photos and place them on the site. Use your friends if you need to shoot more:) Good Luck in your endeavors....we will our eyes pealed and help you along:) Also be careful not to ask a lot of opinions because people love to criticize even when there is nothing to criticize and also .... one more thing. Free work leads to more FREE WORK. DON'T GIVE IT AWAY. IF YOU CAN AFFORD YOURSELF....YOU ARE TOO CHEAP:ivar
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2011
    ^
    very true about nothing to criticize.. I haven't seen a single shot on the site that I would've paid for..
    too harsh?
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    edited September 12, 2011
    Foques wrote: »
    ^
    very true about nothing to criticize.. I haven't seen a single shot on the site that I would've paid for..
    too harsh?

Yes, but I'm learning. Thanks
  • Options
    I would perhaps avoid putting you prices online and this will help weed out the price shoppers. Also they contact you to find out how much you charge and you try to set up a meeting in person rather than over the phone or email. Personality is winning and you should learn to become a salesman. Knowing how to run your business is key. I would also start taking more photos and place them on the site. Use your friends if you need to shoot more:) Good Luck in your endeavors....we will our eyes pealed and help you along:) Also be careful not to ask a lot of opinions because people love to criticize even when there is nothing to criticize and also .... one more thing. Free work leads to more FREE WORK. DON'T GIVE IT AWAY. IF YOU CAN AFFORD YOURSELF....YOU ARE TOO CHEAP:ivar

Thanks. I appreciate the encouragement. I'm already learning much of this. The work is picking up, and I'm getting paid gigs now. Plan to increase prices in Jan.
  • Options
    Foques wrote: »
    is the site hosted with smugmug?

No, my husband helped me design it with wordpress.
  • Options
    I'm assuming, with those prices, that you're doing your own canvas and digital album printing?

No, I upcharged from the prices at Bay Photo Lab.