Random NorCal images

anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
edited August 28, 2011 in Landscapes
A few random images from a recent Northern California trip.

1. Bowling Ball Beach
i-CmbbvNN-XL.jpg

2. Bowling Ball Beach
i-prfsgtk-L.jpg

3. Nine Minutes Before Midnight
i-tF4JRGj-XL.jpg

4. 366s @ 00:11:37
i-cDqvxsP-XL.jpg

5. Tunnel Turn
i-CL5XQfV-L.jpg

6. Rollers of Ridgecrest
i-mtWpTgf-XL.jpg

7. The Blanket
i-NsTrPj4-L.jpg
"The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion

Comments

• SequoiaSequoia Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited August 26, 2011
    The bowling ball beach reminds me of Lone Ranch Beach ... part of it ... north of Brookings, Oregon.

Did pretty good with the turn under the Monterey Cypress trees.

Nor Cal is pretty cool. I probably spend more time there in the redwoods than I do on Oregon trails.
  • MJoliatMJoliat Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2011
    Really nice pictures!. #5 caught my attention the way the trees are almost bending over to envelope the driver in the tunnel. Great shots!
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited August 27, 2011
    Very nice set, Aaron. I like 5 and 6 the best. Those are probably star trails in #3, but they look like meteors!
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2011
    Sequoia wrote: »
    The bowling ball beach reminds me of Lone Ranch Beach ... part of it ... north of Brookings, Oregon.

Did pretty good with the turn under the Monterey Cypress trees.

Nor Cal is pretty cool. I probably spend more time there in the redwoods than I do on Oregon trails.

Sequoia- thanks for the comments. I enjoyed my NorCal trip even if I didn't quite get the shots I was hoping. Definitely a lot of great areas to shoot if you can time the weather. deal.gif
    MJoliat wrote: »
    Really nice pictures!. #5 caught my attention the way the trees are almost bending over to envelope the driver in the tunnel. Great shots!

Thank you for your comments. The tunnel is a pretty neat little section of road. Not more than 100 yards long in total and there are a couple driveways and signs to work around. I was really hoping for some morning fog here but on the morning I was there, no fog was to be found.
    kdog wrote: »
    Very nice set, Aaron. I like 5 and 6 the best. Those are probably star trails in #3, but they look like meteors!

Thanks Joel. I will say I had more fun driving these roads than shooting them. deal.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion