Pictures of my son - Feedback please

iClickiClick Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited August 26, 2011 in People
I wish there was a newbie section, I hate to post these picture with all these professionals. But, just like in golf, you have to play with the good players to play better. Be easy on me :D

101.jpg100.jpg102.jpg

104.jpg103.jpg

Comments

• LiveLikeLizPhotosLiveLikeLizPhotos Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited August 25, 2011
    Very, very cute pictures and child. I enjoy the backgrounds, too. Not so sure about all the editing, though.
  • Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2011
    Although I'm not a fan of some of the processing done in number one and number two, they are really nice. I would LOVE to see them prior to the PP.

I think number one could be improved a bit by not having the subjects exactly centered. It looks like you cropped it square. If there is more image to show on the right side of the shot, show it and I think it will be great.
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2011
    processing in 1&2 has to go, along with the fake flare in 3.

I really like some of these, just need some comp and pp work. I do like the processing in the last one though.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2011
    Of the lot, I think the last one is the best. Few things I would do if it were my image...
    1. I would straight the photo. The horizon is cocked to the left a bit. Not enough to make it look like you purposely added tilt. Just looks like you didn't level the shot.
    2. I'd clone the dog leash out. Looks weird, as if someone is trying to pull the dog out of the frame
    3. Clone out that "thingy" in the sky
    4. I'd burn the BG a bit to add more emphasis on the subject.

BTW, not a fan of the processing on the first two but that's personal taste and part of the learning process.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • wolf911wolf911 Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2011
    Post processing is always the fun part, just remember, a little processing goes a long ways. Generally the masses like a more natural looking picture with correct white balance and a little pop to it. If you decided to process to the extreme, be prepared for people to frown upon it. Try to keep the rule of 3rds in mind when framing your subject also.

You got some precious pictures there!
  • iClickiClick Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 26, 2011
    Thanks for all the feedback and compliments. I tend to try and hide my lack of "behind the camera" skills, with my "limited" photoshop skills. I'll use all the feedback to try and improve my pictures.

I'll post updated pictures with better composition and less processing this weekend.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2011
    I'm the different one, I really liked 1 & 2 the best. The rest seemed washed out to me. No color impact there for me.