Options

Digital downloads

pgmanpgman Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
edited August 28, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
On the digital download screen, is there a way of putting (as prescribed by my lawyer):
  • You are responsible for liability of use
  • I cannot warrant if your final use of the image requires any additional permission
  • It is your sole responsibility to assure that the photo you are licensing is suitable for the use in which you intend to use it

I realize that the commercial license says something similar but:
  1. It's not on the ordering screen
  2. It's clear and the customer can't say later that they didn't see it
Thanks
http://www.sritch.com
The Dogs of Vancouver, BC

Comments

• Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2011
    Hi

Sorry. The license and cart itself are not editable or customizable. You can add your own terms to the gallery description if you wish.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
  • Options
    cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2011
    pgman wrote: »
    I realize that the commercial license says something similar but:
    1. It's not on the ordering screen
    2. It's clear and the customer can't say later that they didn't see it

In addition to the gallery description suggestion from Ann, several folks doing stock image sales put those disclaimer words in their site wide footer.

In the iCart (the popup product picker in the gallery) the license is specified and linked to when you select a product:
    20110828-xsbmwrrn418ha7d3b36qj2u7wr.jpg

(though I admit not many people will actually click on the product to see it's description. That's something I know we're looking at making more obvious in the next cart design.)

Also note that in the actual cart we explicitly tell them they are agreeing to the linked license when they buy it, there's no way to miss that.
    20110828-jbag92u5yf2d13akgaym6yperh.jpg
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/