Criticism is always welcome.

Power-wagon-color-tonemapped-1000x1000.jpg

Comments

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2011
    clap.gif... I like it......
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2011
    Well done. thumb.gifIf you can re-visit the scene, I see all kinds of opportunities for some great close-up rust shots. I'd like to see you fill the frame with a section of rust and then give it the full-bore RUST JUNKIE processing.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2011
    I love everything about this photo ... the subject matter and the environment it's in .. all of it is good. But what I really wish is ... that I had been there too :D What an interesting place to explore and photograph. Did you get a lot more photos of the place, inside of the building, truck, etc.?

Looks like there is an old mattress in the back of the truck. WOW .. so many cool things for the eye to see in this photo :Dthumb.gif
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2011
    Gary, Tom , Mary, thank you all. Glad you like my front yard. :D

Mary, I didn't get anything else I liked all that much (the light wasn't that great this morning), but here's a shot of the interior.

i-TNnNPwq-1000x1000.jpg
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2011
    Wow, one could spend hours eking out images from a place like that. Great start! thumb.gif

Rust Junkie abstracts as black mamba sugests would be a good place to start! :D

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2011
    If this is your front yard .. I love it thumb.gif

I could spend days photographing there. Thanks for the inside shot .. my eyes enjoyed all the wonderful things to look at. Looks like a new floor :D
  • red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2011
    Great subjects, and nicely done HDR. It's noticeable, but I like the levels in both of your shots. Old power wagons and old cabins are awesome subjects in my book!
    Don, Mary, red_zone, thanks. The shot of the truck was a singe image, but I ran it through Photomatix to get a tonemapped look. That's not something I do often but this one seemed to call for it.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2011
    Nothing to criticize here!

I like both shots thumb.gif
    Randy
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2011
    Very sweet image. Looks very much like something one would see as a movie set. Your PP work to both is really nice. Well done thumb.gif
    One of those spots a person could spend a great deal of time taking a ton of shots.
    Michael
  • DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2011
    Those 2 shots came to life on my computer... almost feel as if I can walk right into them. Very nicely done. Like someone said above, old cars/trucks and cabins are awesome!
    edited August 31, 2011
    Randy, Michael, David, thanks for the comments. I can never resist photographing old cars and crumbling cabins.
    edited August 31, 2011
    Think I need to check out Photomatix... I have plenty of old cars to shoot right now (Auburn Cord Duesenberg Festival) but I want that "reach out and touch them" that your shots have.
    edited August 31, 2011
    David, I don't think Photomatix has much to do with what you're describing. I didn't use it on the second image. Whatever I run through Photomatix gets a lot of additional processing, mostly in Lightroom.
    edited August 31, 2011
    Thanks. I have CS5 and LR3 - guess it's time to learn to use them correctly headscratch.gif

I looked at your other "wheel" photos on your site. All are awesome. The wheelchair looks a bit out of place with cars and bikes but love it anyhow thumb.gif