Amanda and Kayla, String Garage

Albert DicksonAlbert Dickson Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
edited August 28, 2011 in People
Some recent shots from a graffiti filled parking garage. The Concept was to get a rock and roll feel with classic string instruments. Models Amanda and Kayla, MUA: Marissalyonsmakeup.com

i-KJFF8H5-M.jpg

i-JbrxQbF-M.jpg

i-JPnx98H-L.jpg

i-jdWMhQB-L.jpg

As always, I look forward to your C&Cs. Thanks.
http://whetstoneimagery.com/blog

Comments

• zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2011
    Where did you shoot these...I have heard rumour of a graffitti filled lot but no idea where it is.

This is a tough gig because one is so light and one is so dark. My favorites are 1 and 2. If the darker girl had been closer to the light I think the skin tones would have evened out more in those two.

These remind me of the lighting for your Crossfit series. Great outfits and makeup...looks like a fun shoot with two very cute fun subjects.
    Very cool!!

To be fair I have been harsh on competing backgrounds with other people....I think in this case you highlighted the subjects with your lights....and in two where you didn't, the outfits and makeup fit right in with the background so it all works.
  • Albert DicksonAlbert Dickson Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2011
    Mike you are right on the money. In 1 and 3 I used light on the backgrounds and on 2 and 4 it was a front ring light only. Also the background in 2 and 4 had much stronger colors. You are right about the uneven skin tones and bringing the brunette close to the key light might have been this thing to do. This is what is cool about this forum. I always learn.

The parking garage is at the far east end of Freak alley right next door to The Falcon Tavern.