Options

Headshots

Jeremy_22Jeremy_22 Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
edited August 29, 2011 in People
Natural light, soft gold reflector in front and below for fill.

6090171398_0ff596716a_z.jpg

Natural light from windows above/behind the subject, silver reflectors in front. Also added a Canon 430 camera left above/behind fired into a soft gold umbrella and diffused by a giant 3/4 diffusion panel.

6089379891_c9977fbfc6_z.jpg

Einstein fired into an 86" PLM with the white diffusion panel on front and black spill kill fabric on back. Strobe was camera right to the side, in front of the subject. Silver reflector camera left.

6088853591_a6f05ecb1e_z.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2011
    I love the light. Love the skin and skin tones. Not crazy about the odd angle in number 2. It almost makes me feel like she's going to fall out of the picture.

Everything else is top notch. Wish I could do skin like that!
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2011
    Love #3 - it has the most "character" of the three, I think, and the lighting and contrast really pop.

The other two are nice shots, but I think my reaction depends on their purpose; if they're for models (or seniors) I think they work better than if they subects are actresses - I'm not getting a lot of personality from them, although they're both attractive and visually appealing. I like the flare in #1, although on this monitor it looks like it could use a tiny bit more contrast.

Nice work!
  • Options
    Jeremy_22Jeremy_22 Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2011
    Yes, the subjects in the first 2 images are models - the 2nd is competing for Miss Iowa.
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2011
    Three attractive ladies. Nice colors and light.
    1 do not like the mid bust crop and tilted left. For me don't love the low contrast gold light, personal preference. I do like her pose and nice natural expression.
    2 kinda looks that wall is holding her down.
    3 looks tilted left but is the best of the three.