Iowa Airshow #1 (12 pics)

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited August 29, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
First day off in 4 months, so we decided to go to the airshow. Lots of pics, so I"ll break em' up into different post.
Randy

Comments

• NewsyNewsy Registered Users Posts: 605 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2011
    Some super shots of the Texans! Love the old fastback P-51B(?). Colors are very saturated - gray skies or did you bump them a bit?
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2011
    Nice work, Randy. That's a gorgeous Mustang P-51C. Most people don't know this, but those "B" and "C" model Mustangs with the Merlin engine were actually faster than the later, and more abundant, "D" model that had the bubble canopy.

Those guys flying the AT- 6 Texans show some real talent....what they're doing ain't easy and takes cojones the size of watermelons. I recently got to fly the Navy version of that plane, called the SNJ, and that was a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to more pics.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2011
    Newsy wrote: »
    Some super shots of the Texans! Love the old fastback P-51B(?). Colors are very saturated - gray skies or did you bump them a bit?

Cloud cover & bumped the saturation a bit.

Thanks for looking and the nice comments!
    Randy
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2011
    Nice work, Randy. That's a gorgeous Mustang P-51C. Most people don't know this, but those "B" and "C" model Mustangs with the Merlin engine were actually faster than the later, and more abundant, "D" model that had the bubble canopy.

Those guys flying the AT- 6 Texans show some real talent....what they're doing ain't easy and takes cojones the size of watermelons. I recently got to fly the Navy version of that plane, called the SNJ, and that was a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to more pics.

Take care,

Tom

Hey Tom,

I'd forgotten that you fly the mechanical birds thumb.gif

I was just happy to be out for a few hours with camera in hand :D

I'll post-up some pics of a cargo/personnel plane that has dual Merlin's. Man, what a sweet sound! BTW, it was doing rolls, etc also eek7.gif
    Randy