Auburn 2011

DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
edited September 1, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
It's the beginning of the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Festival in Auburn, Indiana. My guest has arrived at the house with his 1930 L-29 Cord Cabriolet and also brought a clients L-29 with him (he's a restorer).

These shots haven't been edited and might be one of these days; just don't have time at the moment with sooooo many cars in town and plus I spend a lot of time in the garage wiping my drool off a L-29.

Enjoy!

Also, the club as expanded to include Gnomes. There are currently 3 Gnomes in the club that I know of; the original being Thor (pictured at the bottom of the thread).

i-SQRnPd2-M.jpg

i-X57VGsb-M.jpg

i-9Lq6MfR-M.jpg

i-jMpr5Lc-M.jpg

i-kJbdpHs-M.jpg

i-qVXJs4n-M.jpg

i-p66cW6n-M.jpg

i-LMM6sns-M.jpg

i-GhLd2Mt-M.jpg

i-HgwZMXp-M.jpg

i-g4F79CD-M.jpg

i-zSWjsGQ-M.jpg

i-8BHr8Fp-M.jpg

i-CF27nxs-M.jpg

i-pFZJCpv-M.jpg

i-6sfjt6m-M.jpg

i-XrQx33Z-M.jpg

i-SrX4nhq-M.jpg

i-kLrcCth-M.jpg

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2011
    Boy, David, you're really stirring my soul with these shots. I can only imagine how excited you must be when this festival hits town each year. I'm looking forward to seeing some fine shots of cars and festival scenes.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2011
    Thanks for the kind words Tom, and yes; I look forward to seeing the cars return every year. My neighbors come over a few weeks before the festival takes place and ask, "what car is gonna be in your garage this time?"

This year at the house are 2 L-29 Cabriolets... white and a blue one. :D Also had a L-29 Sedan torn apart in the garage. They changed some gears in the front.

See... you should have taken your friends offer and come with him, not only could you drool over the cars you shoot, but could have met DJT thumb.gif

I'm sure more photos will be taken. There's lots going on: http://www.acdfestival.org
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2011
    Nice cars thumb.gif I really like how they were all set up in front of the building with the Sinclair sign. Is that a work shop or maybe a show room now?
    edited September 1, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Nice cars thumb.gif I really like how they were all set up in front of the building with the Sinclair sign. Is that a work shop or maybe a show room now?

The Sinclair building was originally a Sinclair gas station then became the Edsel Dealership, then the Ford Dealer, then The Carpet Gallery, then some guy from Georgia purchased it and restored it and added on the front overhang. He uses it to store his "toys" along with memorabilia and some group gatherings are hosted there. His shop area is on the left and his toys are on the right.
    edited September 1, 2011
    On my way back to work from lunch, I had to pull over for a small parade of cars being lead by the Indiana State Police and the local Auburn Police, with this being one of the first ACD car leading the pack.

Just love driving around town watching the old cars drive by.......

i-74rGVdb-M.jpg
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2011
    DJT wrote: »
    The Sinclair building was originally a Sinclair gas station then became the Edsel Dealership, then the Ford Dealer, then The Carpet Gallery, then some guy from Georgia purchased it and restored it and added on the front overhang. He uses it to store his "toys" along with memorabilia and some group gatherings are hosted there. His shop area is on the left and his toys are on the right.

Hmmm...where I took a photo of an old Edsel the building looked just the same as the building in your photo. Maybe that's why I liked it so much .. it looked familiar. I'll have to grab a shot of that building. The Edsel has been moved tho :cry