SmugMug Product Videos

JanetZhouJanetZhou Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited April 11, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
"What's a metal print? Does a Mounted Box Print come ready to hang? What does Giclee mean?"

Those are the types of questions our SmugMug customer support heroes answer on a regular basis - and I'm sure you have gotten your fair share from your customers. To help answer those questions, and to show off these products, we created a set of informational product videos. We'd like to place links to these videos on the SmugMug product catalog pages, as well as the shopping cart page where your customers picks products into cart. We hope that by giving your customers information at their fingertips while they shop, the videos will not only make their experiences better, but also boost sales.

Get a preview of these product videos. Check out the video for Bay Photo Metal Prints:
<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="640" height="360" src="http://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/1454041085_ZpsxTH9?width=640&height=360"></iframe&gt;

For all the rest, visit:
Bay Photo products: http://janetzhou.smugmug.com/ProductVideo/Bay-Photo
EZPrints products: http://janetzhou.smugmug.com/ProductVideo/EZPrints

Of course, your customers will only see link to a video if you have made the product available on your site. For example, if you do not offer any Glossy Prints, the Glossy Prints product video would not be visible anywhere on your site.

We want to hear what you have to say about these videos: love, hate, indifferent? Give us your feedback and comments!

Thanks,
Janet

Comments

• krashedmykarchkrashedmykarch Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2011
    Ironically, Janet, I just left Bay Photo site where I watched the metal print vid. And here you are! Having a collection of those videos would be a big plus for our SM sites. Would there be a link that we could add to our Nav bar or embeded in the cart? Whatever, I am totally for that. Good Job! When you are talking to you-know-who about this, please suggest that the cart be larger. If one is offering the whole store its a lot of scrolling and many items (lines) fly past your view -I mentioned it to my doctor and he suggested Gravol.
    clap.gif
    Best,
    Charles
    http://www.charlesdalyphotography.com
    ~Ciao
    Charles
    Brampton, Canada
    www.charlesdalyphotography.com
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2011
    I think that these are a good idea. I like that you are using the same images across the videos that you created. The challenge though was that since they were all so similar I do not remember which one is which one - other than the metal prints as who can forget cupcakes. It also might be nice to have a shot where you place the same image side by side and talk about them. So that one can really compare. I realize that would be a larger task as not every product would be shown for every user. However not being able to compare Gilcee on watercolor versus Gilcee Canvas had me going back and forth and then I forgot which one I was looking at. Maybe just have similar items together and a disclaimer that not everything is available from everyone.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2011
    Love the idea and the videos are great!

The lustre video is stopping at 14seconds for me and seems cut short, but I'm on my iPad so that may be the problem.

Not sure that I like that the video for metallic paper only talks about how great portraits look on it. I've gotten plenty of my own landscape/cityscape images printed on the metallic paper that look incredible. By singling out portraits in the video, I'm concerned that customers looking to purchase one of my images will be led away from the metallic paper.
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • JanetZhouJanetZhou Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 31, 2011
    Hi Brad,

Thank you for your feedback. You actually touched upon something that we had a LOT of internal debate on. We really wanted to compare and contrast products in our videos, as that's how customers shop. However, ultimately we decided not to do it because we didn't want customers to watch a video that compares Giclee Watercolor and Giclee Canvas, decide on Giclee Watercolor, but then find out that it's not offered in the pro's store.

You also bring up a really good point that helping pros to understand all the products SmugMug offers, comparing and contrasting them, is something we should produce materials to do. Thank you for that suggestion!

Yes, that cupcake printed on metal looks good enough to eat, isn't it!

Thanks,
    Janet
  • SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2011
  • RobinHRobinH Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 24, 2011
    These are fantastic and exactly what I've been looking for! I need something to show clients the difference between products and these do a great job. Can we link to these now, or are we waiting?
  • rkw624rkw624 Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2011
    There will be a great help to customers. Thank you!
    Rich
  • ! Saltwater Photography! Saltwater Photography Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2012
    Hi Smugmug,

Firstly I just want to say that I love these product videos - they make describing a product really easy....

Now I have a question: I want to create a link to a full screen, HD version of one of these movies - to the products page of my site: site, www.luke-k.com/products.htm

Ie - I want to be able to click on the relevent link (lets say Thin Wraps) - and for a full screen movie to pop up, explaining that product.

Any help would be appreciated.

Luke
    Luke Kneale
    www.luke-k.com
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2012
    Hi Smugmug,

Firstly I just want to say that I love these product videos - they make describing a product really easy....

Now I have a question: I want to create a link to a full screen, HD version of one of these movies - to the products page of my site: site, www.luke-k.com/products.htm

Ie - I want to be able to click on the relevent link (lets say Thin Wraps) - and for a full screen movie to pop up, explaining that product.

Any help would be appreciated.

Luke

Hi, I'm sorry we don't have that, but the link to the vids in lightbox is here: (also at the end of each video)

http://smugmugtutes.smugmug.com/gallery/18780467_7ZjPLR#1454041085_ZpsxTH9-A-LB
  • ! Saltwater Photography! Saltwater Photography Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2012
    Andy wrote: »
    Hi, I'm sorry we don't have that, but the link to the vids in lightbox is here: (also at the end of each video)

http://smugmugtutes.smugmug.com/gallery/18780467_7ZjPLR#1454041085_ZpsxTH9-A-LB

thanks Andy - what do you mean (also at the end of each video)?

Also - can I copy these video's into my own gallery?
    Luke Kneale
    www.luke-k.com
    edited February 14, 2012
    What I'm really looking to do is create a link to a fullscreen movie....
    Luke Kneale
    www.luke-k.com
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2012
    thanks Andy - what do you mean (also at the end of each video)?
    Watch the video to the end you will see the share link.
    edited February 14, 2012
    thanks for your help Andy - I think I've found a solution:
    www.luke-k.com/products.htm
    Luke Kneale
    www.luke-k.com
  • Bird LadyBird Lady Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2012
    Product Videos are hidden from potential customers
    Until recently, I wasn't aware that product videos for prints existed since they are "hidden" at the left of the "Buy This Photo" customer price list. You need to click on a product print size for its applicable video option to appear at the left. But how would potential new customers know to do that?? All they see are prices and unexplained print product names - metallic, lustre, giclee, etc. If they are just checking prices, they aren't going to click on anything.

I really like the to-the-point product videos. Is there any possibility of SmugMug adding a simple highlighted product video notice somewhere on that page?

Thanks!

Susan