Options

Hudson Valley NY wedding after session

smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
edited September 1, 2011 in Weddings
This couple were married a few years ago and hated their wedding photos, to the point that she couldn't look at them without becoming upset. So they hired me to do an aftersession. As you can tell, they embraced the setting, which is in the Hudson River Valley in upstate NY. They asked for the Americana shots in front of the barn and with the tractor.

She made a bouquet and picked up a flower for his lapel.
Honest C and C would be appreciated. Thank you all in advance.
1, 2
i-THvt2vZ-L.jpg

i-DR9bm2g-L.jpg

4, 5, 6,

i-XQ7k76d-L.jpg

7, 8
i-Dc7dhwS-L.jpg

9, 10
i-NFj6xLz-L.jpg

i-QLC8HgZ-L.jpg
i-WJDTc5H-L.jpg

13. (edit- I forgot to include my favorite in the OP)
i-5JWFnzZ-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2011
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2011
    smurfy, these are verging on very good but something is holding it back on a lot of the shots. it's like your on the cusp!

1. nice light and procesiign and focus but what is she doing? looks like she reaching for something.
    2. processing is not for me..vigentte is too strong and the skin tones are off
    3. beautfiul shot..except the tilt!
    4. cut off body parts 5. white balance is different from 4 and 6
    7 potentially great but the flare is in the wriong spot..you loss the outline of their faces
    10 this would have been perfect if the grass was even!
    11 gorgeous
    12 is okay but tilt is bothering me as well as bad clone job at the bottom of the pic
    13 great shot
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2011
    Thank you for the thoughtful response, Qarik. This is great feedback.
    You are so right; I did do a cruddy job on the cloning in that kiss shot...was trying to get it done without leaving lightroom. Laziness showed.

I pulled a bit of saturation out of 5 because the background was so bright it seemed to disrtact from the romantic moment. But I see what you mean about how that affected the WB. I'm not usually one to tilt for the sake of tilting, but these two had a height difference of about 18 inches between them, so some of the tilts were meant to get their heads closer. Will be more careful with that in the future.

There are some of the flare with full profiles showing and the flare coming from over his shoulder, but somehow I liked the anonymity that this one provided.
    Does anyone else have any thoughts?