Options

Here It Is BD and AD Finally

SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
edited October 17, 2005 in Holy Macro
Before the Deck was built, the weather was really taking it's toll on the back of my house.......I live one street from the sea, and it gets pretty windy down here, check out the damage to the back door, it's a steele security door, which I had replaced while my little buddy Frank was building the deck.

When it rained, if I had the back door open the rain would come inside the house...... same for the windows if they were open the rain came in.

The Sun would hit the back of the house for the greater part of any given day, and in the Summer it would get so hot inside, the Third Bedroom could never be used as a Bedroom because it was like a dang Hot Box in there :wxwax

House1web.jpg

After the Deck was built the weather can no longer hit the back of the house, I can leave the windows open when it's even pouring Raining if I want, and the Sun cannot hit any of the windows along the back of the house or the side of the house any more :clap :clap The ducted water cooling system works even better than before, because the house cannot heat up inside now that the Sun cannot directly hit any of the 6 ft windows.

DECK-FINISH_filtered.jpg

Now I can sit outside and be protect from the harsh rays of the sun as the roof is laser light, which blocks out about 98% of the harmful UV rays of the sun, yet doesn't block the light, I got the power put on out there too, so there are two Fluro lights connected to the roof above the table, and the mains gas is built into the side rail where the BBQ is, so that I won't ever run out of gas........ I had the jets in the BBQ changed over so that I could use the mains gas instead of Bottle Gas.

The picture really doesn't do it justice.... it's 35 ft long, 8 ft wide at the narrowest end, and 14 ft wide where the table and chairs are.
It has a laser light roof and guttering and downpipes plumbed into my existing storm water drains........doesn't even look like the same house does it :rofl
Skippy (Australia)
Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin

Comments

• Options
    TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2005
    Hi there Skippy,

Nice shots and a nice deck. I trust the BBQ invite was lost in the mail somewhere......mwink.gifLaughing.gif

Cheers
    David

p.s. I was in Melbourne two weeks ago, when did you get back from your holiday?
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2005
    Ohhhhhhh That Invite hehehe
    TassieD wrote:
    Hi there Skippy,
    Nice shots and a nice deck. I trust the BBQ invite was lost in the mail somewhere......mwink.gifLaughing.gif

Cheers
    David
    p.s. I was in Melbourne two weeks ago, when did you get back from your holiday?
    Well what are ya waiting for rolleyes1.gif come one over, bring your wife and kids there's room on the deck for the whoooooooooooooole family rolleyes1.gif Skippy :D

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2005
    Skippy wrote:
    Well what are ya waiting for rolleyes1.gif come one over, bring your wife and kids there's room on the deck for the whoooooooooooooole family rolleyes1.gif Skippy :D
    Thanks Skippy, will keep that in mind the next time we are in the neighborhood.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • Options
    rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2005
    Looks great:D No wonder you are so pleased with it...

Soooooo.....When are ya havin' us all over for a barbie??rolleyes1.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2005
    When??
    rahmonster wrote:
    Looks great:D No wonder you are so pleased with it...

Soooooo.....When are ya havin' us all over for a barbie??rolleyes1.gif
    Ha......... I got it out of the garage a week ago, planning to have a BBQ on the weekend but I worked all weekend and couldnt be bothered hehehe......and it's all nice and clean and ready to fire up too.

Maybe I will get a chance this coming weekend......who knows ne_nau.gif

But I gotta say .......the weather is really picking up isn't it clap.gifclap.gif
    Skippy (Australia)

• Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2005
    Looks great Skippy I hope you get lots of enjoyment out of it. Great idea with the BBQ. I have the same setup and it makes it a whole lot easier.

Normally I would say you should screen it and keep the little buggues out but I know how much you like those bugs.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2005
    Thanks Harry
    Harryb wrote:
    Looks great Skippy I hope you get lots of enjoyment out of it. Great idea with the BBQ. I have the same setup and it makes it a whole lot easier.

Normally I would say you should screen it and keep the little buggues out but I know how much you like those bugs.
    I enjoy sitting out there too, and I can take my laptop out there cause it's wireless :): it's great cooking on the BBQ, I love the smell of a BBQ.
    Yeah I like the little bugs hehehehe......but I have considered getting PVC Zip blinds for that larger section of the deck...... Take Care... Skippy (Australia)

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2005
    wow, looks great! when's the deck-opening party? ear.gif
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 17, 2005
    Hey Skip,

It looks great...it's amazing what a difference it has made.

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2005
    Come On Over Now
    andy wrote:
    wow, looks great! when's the deck-opening party? ear.gif
    Bring Nancy with ya.........ya keep telling me how great a cook she is, ya reckon she could whip something up on that BBQ for us ???
    I't a big BBQ and has an electric Rotisory too :D just gimme an hours warning that your on your way okay rolleyes1.gif Skippy (Australia)

• Options
    edited October 17, 2005
    Hi David
    devbobo wrote:
    Hey Skip,

It looks great...it's amazing what a difference it has made.

David
    Ohhhhhhhh I love it, it really has completely changed the appearance of the back the house and my yard.

I haven't finished yet........the side or the house is going to have a water feature and garden lights, with heaps of colourful plants.....thats the plan anyways :D Skippy (Australia)

• Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2005
    Looks great Skippy now all you are missing to complete it is a dog :-) Enjoy!
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2005
    A Dog Ya Recon Hu ??
    4labs wrote:
    Looks great Skippy now all you are missing to complete it is a dog :-) Enjoy!
    Hey there new daddy :D how is your little princess doing :D

I work too much for a dog, but your right I have considered it, and had the yard done so that if I should change my mind I could accommodate a dog.
    I love the new deck, now I don't have to be inside all the time to eat or read the paper, or cook :D thanks for looking...... Skippy (Australia)